Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 22, 2008

Old     (s8nsmum)      Join Date: Jan 2007       08-28-2008, 8:17 AM Reply   
I absolutely adore the graphics on the entire range of 2003 hyperlite parks boards but cannot find out which artist they got to do the designs, does anyone know? It has been driving me crazy for ages! I don't understand why the artists don't advertise themselves as the people responsible for designing the graphics on boards because some of the work is amazing!

There must be some industry insiders on here who can point me in the right direction.....

Thanks in advance

Joe
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       08-28-2008, 12:27 PM Reply   
email hyperlite.
Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       08-28-2008, 1:24 PM Reply   
I thought I remember reading about the artist in a magazine once. He was an asian guy by the name of Soo, Sun or something like that. Sorry that doesn't help.
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       08-28-2008, 3:17 PM Reply   
If its Son, He is huge in the industry, he does all of byerly's stuff and I think the new catalyst for BG. His stuff is sick!

I think they talk about him a little bit on www.byerlywakeboards.com

I know you can view some of his art there.
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       08-28-2008, 3:19 PM Reply   
http://www.byerlywakeboards.com/son
Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       08-28-2008, 3:25 PM Reply   
^^ Yep, that is the guy I was referring to.
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       08-28-2008, 3:27 PM Reply   
Son Duong?

I don't know if he did the 2003 parks graphics but I wouldn't be surpirsed. He's done a heap of wakeboard art. He's really good and worth checking out the rest of his work.
www.diaboliklife.com
Old    walt            08-28-2008, 5:46 PM Reply   
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=634 00860
Old     (blaketheho)      Join Date: May 2007       08-31-2008, 8:31 PM Reply   
Son is a rad guy. He has some great work that that will be worth a lot of money when he is dead and famous! I think his ralph steadman stuff was unbelievable.
Old     (wesley_is_wake)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-31-2008, 9:36 PM Reply   
He also does some work with the skateboard industry as well. CCS worked with him and I think he has a shirt in their website right now.
Old     (kaybeejaybee)      Join Date: Sep 2008       09-02-2008, 7:19 AM Reply   
Not to take anything away from son he is a great talent, but Mr. Greg Morris should get quite a bit of credit for the Byerly stuff (has done most of it since day one until now).