Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 23, 2009

Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       02-18-2009, 8:45 AM Reply   
is there a difference in the 08 and 09 lyman besides the movable fins?
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-18-2009, 9:07 AM Reply   
i demoed both the 08 and the 09 and they felt the same to me and if you look at the specs they are the same.i dont know what you mean about movable fins they both had the same fin config if i remember right.

of you like a fast loose board with good pop ,this is your board .it was too loose for me with all the fins on it..
Old     (richsur)      Join Date: Jun 2007       02-18-2009, 9:45 AM Reply   
They look the same but they describe the rocker different from 08 to 09.

08 is described as a progressive three stage
09 is described as a aggressive three stage.
I dont know if that was a missprint or just the wrong info. Also Im am going by Alliances gear guide,'we didnt get any Lf brochures at our boat show.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       02-18-2009, 10:49 AM Reply   
They are close. No movable fins though. I think the Lyman was supposed to have the movable fins, but the plan was scrapped. Don't know why. I think you will be happy with either one
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       02-18-2009, 5:59 PM Reply   
i saw a video on the 09 lyman on liquid forces website saying that it has movable fins. and if i remeber correctly. the video said the 09 has a continuous rocker. but i might be wrong

and bill, i have the 08. i was just curious if there was a difference between them
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       02-18-2009, 6:07 PM Reply   
yep. just checked the video. they say its a continuous rocker and the fins have 4 wholes so they can be moved for different release off the wake. but on the wakeworld board buyers guide it says the 08 and 09 are 3 stage.

I take to keith on myspace from time to time, and i asked him when i got my 08 about the fins, and he said things didnt pan out for them being movable. but the 09 will be 100% he also said that the 09 fins will fit on the 08's so you can move them if you want
Old     (lfadam)      Join Date: Nov 2008       02-18-2009, 7:47 PM Reply   
the 09 is uglier.
Old     (waketherainbow)      Join Date: Oct 2007       02-18-2009, 8:30 PM Reply   
I think the 09 graphics are rocking
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-19-2009, 7:01 AM Reply   
David i demoed the 08 last spring and the 09 this spring and the rides felt identicle IMO although thats a big gap in between demos.IMO they arethe same.I dodnt know you can move the fins because lookinh at the fins you cant tell ,i guess i should have taken them off and looked.

BTW from what i know of the wakeboard companies they dont change board designs yera to year they usually go two seasons before they make changes so they can get maximum use out of a mold..

anyway they feel the same to me..
Old     (daveronix199)      Join Date: Feb 2009       02-19-2009, 7:06 AM Reply   
They may have tweaked the shape a little... However pros usually redesign the shape every 3 years with LF
Old     (nauty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       02-19-2009, 7:11 AM Reply   
I agree with Bill that most manufacturers don't change the shape from year to year and go at least 2 years with the same shape, but they do change marketing strategies...... I have a stack of old Wakeboarding magazines going back a few years. If you look at the 2006 Shane they say it has a hybrid rocker that is progressive. In 2007 only the graphics changed, yet the new ad copy says it has an aggressive 3-stage rocker? It's called slapping some lipstick on a used pig and calling it new. (not that the Shane or Lyman boards are pigs, but you get the idea)
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       02-19-2009, 7:46 AM Reply   
thats what i though, thanks guys. and for the record. i dont like the graphics this year at all (;