Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 18, 2006

Old     (steve2u)      Join Date: May 2006       05-25-2006, 8:14 AM Reply   
I've been shopping for a new board setup and I'm curious if anyone has an opinion of boards with a spine to channel water out to soften the landing. In my search for a binding that fits (thatfs whole other thread), I came across the CWB Flame and Pure package. From what Ifve been reading in other treads and forums, they are molds of previous Absolutes. Does having the center spine really make that much of a difference to soften the landing? Ifm 35 and just took up wakeboarding last year, so I figure the less damage I can do to the joints, the better. I was originally planning on going with a package deal to save a little $$$, but I donft want to sacrifice comfort on a binding...eliminates the LF Omega/Alphas with my wide foot. I started out looking at mostly Liquid Force boards, but have realized most of their boards donft have the spine | I did notice the Fish does. Also, the guy I ride with is suggesting something with a lot more vertical pop than his LF Trip. He has a Malibu thatfs about 5 to 6 years old and itfs one of the smaller ones they make | Ifm not sure of the model. He doesnft feel the wake is big enough for a board without a lot of vertical pop...Ifm fairly new, so Ifm still trying to figure it out. I still want something that will ride decent on choppy water. Any suggestions?
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       05-25-2006, 8:25 AM Reply   
The CWB MARIUS softest landing board on the market, and it has great pop as well. The Marius has two spins on the board to make for really soft landings.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-25-2006, 9:25 AM Reply   
The Flame and Pure are great boards and yes the spine makes a world of difference. It displaces water to the side and instead of a wide board bouncing on landing it will get back in the water and track smoother, quicker upon landing. The package with the Torq's is a legit setup, should work well.
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-25-2006, 9:35 AM Reply   
Im not sure about this, it all makes sense but the spine on my absolute is gone from sliders and it still lands the same as it always did.
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-25-2006, 9:39 AM Reply   
TFD/3DS
Old     (ozwest)      Join Date: May 2006       05-25-2006, 10:09 AM Reply   
My boyfriend has the Liquid Force Watson with the center spine. He has bad knees and picked out that board specifically for softer landings.
Old     (steve2u)      Join Date: May 2006       05-25-2006, 10:31 AM Reply   
I did find a great deal on a new 2005 LF Fish and have read that it lands really soft. Would this be something that's too different (shorter/fatter) from the norm to progress on. The only other board I have to compare it to is the LF Trip.
Old     (team_o)      Join Date: Jun 2002       05-25-2006, 2:38 PM Reply   
Jeff Baker, that's a pretty bold statement. SHould I assume you've ridden all the other boards on the market or are you just guessing?
Old     (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-25-2006, 2:42 PM Reply   
i rode the fish for the first time the other day and it landed really soft
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       05-25-2006, 3:43 PM Reply   
Ya Chris, I have riddin most of whats out for this year and in my opinion the Marius lands the softest. But I do have to say every rider is different, so I always say go out and demo all the boards you are lookin at and then make up your own mind.
Old     (team_o)      Join Date: Jun 2002       05-25-2006, 4:04 PM Reply   
I just checked out your website - is it true the only wakeboard brand you carry is CWB?
Old     (_jason_)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-25-2006, 4:16 PM Reply   
Yeah the fish does have super soft landings.. Also ive herd the same about the PS3 and Watson.
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-25-2006, 10:57 PM Reply   
chris, why provoke? its all just opinion....but I think everyone would agree that the marius is ONE of the softest landing boards....the rest could be argued till its after my bedtime.

Do you think any wakeboard company attempts to design a board that doesnt land soft?

www.midwestwakeboarder.com
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       05-26-2006, 8:09 AM Reply   
Ya Chris thats what I ride and I sell what I ride. Before I opended my shop I worked at many board shops and have rode just about everything and have had to deal with just about every wakeboard company. When I opened my shop to me it was a no brainer on what brand I wanted to ride and sell. I could have pretty much had whatever wakeboard company I wanted and I choose CWB. From there reps to there product to the Company itself they are a pleasure to deal with and IMO they are the best. To each his own.
Old     (criswb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-26-2006, 8:17 AM Reply   
My bf also has the Watson, it has lots of vertical pop and has that spine thing for super soft landings.