Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 15, 2005

Old     (kenteck)      Join Date: Jan 2005       01-19-2005, 9:48 AM Reply   
Just curious if this is a ok wake to board behind, My kids and friends seem to catch great air and do great tricks behind this boat or should I upgrade to a better boat for a better wake?
Old     (kenteck)      Join Date: Jan 2005       01-19-2005, 9:54 AM Reply   
sorry forgot to add photo on my first post....
wake
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       01-19-2005, 10:09 AM Reply   
Is it a small boat? the wake looks really washed out on one side....try evenly distributing the weight in the boat and snap another pic. Its hard to tell the size of a wake w/o a point of reference. how tall are you?
Old     (schmo)      Join Date: Oct 2003       01-19-2005, 10:54 AM Reply   
Looks good on one side and poor on the other. Like someone else said, even out the weight and then snap another picture. It definitely looks like you have too much weight on the passengers side of the boat.
Old     (kenteck)      Join Date: Jan 2005       01-19-2005, 11:17 AM Reply   
19' Boat I/O and all weight was on the pass side, but when the weight is equal the wake looks like the side that isnt washed out on both sides and at this time I can't find another photo to post, the person boarding is my kid and she is 5' tall.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       01-19-2005, 12:16 PM Reply   
Looks like you might be turning a bit too. That will wash one side. WHat lake is that?
Old    linus8103            01-19-2005, 3:43 PM Reply   
Ken, It all depends on the skill level of the people riding, and how good they want to get. If you and your kids are having fun then the wake is fine. I had a small skiboat for a year and a half. The first summer I thought it was the best, but then I got to a point where I was improving and I became dissatisfied with the wake. Your kids will probably tell you when they feel they have outgrown the wake. Then you can decide if you want to upgrade or not. Also, try to shorten the rope and slow the boat down a little bit. This way you will hit the cleaner part of the wake. you cant ride that far back on a small boat. Try about 55-60ft and 19-21 mph
Old     (kenteck)      Join Date: Jan 2005       01-19-2005, 3:59 PM Reply   
Columbia River, Portland Oregon, I Just started to turn.
My kids where having a fit cause they would almost clear the wake, one day I shorten the rope to about 7' out from the start of the V of the wake, You should have seen there face when they cleared the wake and more!!!!

(Message edited by kenteck on January 19, 2005)

(Message edited by kenteck on January 19, 2005)
Old     (toyotafreak)      Join Date: Sep 2003       01-19-2005, 4:13 PM Reply   
Don't forget that with side-to-side balance, you place weight on the side with the crumbly wake. If you're slow or ballasted, the wake can get pretty sensitive to side-to-side balance. The weight bags with handles are cool for that, as you can keep a few behind the helm and move them as needed to fine tune. If the imbalance is bad enough, you'll need to get your passengers to relocate.

Conscientious passengers that are made aware of this pretty much end up doing it themselves - they can see the wake better than you.

Remember - put weight on the crumbly side.