Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 29, 2010

Old     (fman)      Join Date: Nov 2008       01-02-2010, 10:37 PM Reply   
I am currently riding the 2008 model, I have been reading up on the 2010 and it appears they have made significant changes to the board. Does anyone here have a ride on the 2010 model yet? I am considering buying one for the upcoming season, wanted to make sure it was worth the $$$.

Also, any recommendations on stores to find a good price on this board?

Thanks........
Old     (bbr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-03-2010, 9:04 AM Reply   
It is totally worth it. I have one and the ride is really similar actually. Fast with lots of consistant pop. The landings are a lot softer too because the center spine is longer and a tad bit bigger as well. I think you'll like it. Good luck.
Old     (delphi)      Join Date: Jan 2006       01-03-2010, 7:11 PM Reply   
great board for sure,

i've been riding mine on both boat and cable and it is holding up really well. landings are super soft and they can take a beating on the obstacles.

definitely worth it, get it with the factions, they look great together
Old     (fman)      Join Date: Nov 2008       01-03-2010, 11:01 PM Reply   
Do you guys know if my current bindings (hinge tech) will fit on the 2010 model? I really like my current bindings and would like to keep them.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       01-04-2010, 12:18 PM Reply   
They'll work fine. You'll be slightly limited with stance options. It wont go as wide or narrow as it would with the newer bindings, but you can get the adapters for it if you'd like. Your local dealer should have them in stock.

That board is BAD!!! I can't wait to get ahold of mine. Super fun.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       01-04-2010, 1:12 PM Reply   
Yeah, it depends on what year and model boots you have. If you have 2008s the Answer, Faction and Zeus boots all used the 6 inch plate and your stance options will not be limited. If they are are older or a different model then what Evan said is spot on. Get the adapters to max your stance.