Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 26, 2009

Old     (sharona)      Join Date: Mar 2009       03-21-2009, 7:30 PM Reply   
New to wakeboarding, just got a tower for our boat. Looking for a board rack. Want one that doesn't rattle. Noticed some pivot (swivel) which could be a nice feature making it easier on the kids to place the board back in the rack. Any suggestions on brands to look at?
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       03-21-2009, 8:12 PM Reply   
Pivot isn't important, I have had both and I could take it or leave it. I would save the money and buy some tower speakers.
Old     (2006maliblue)      Join Date: Mar 2009       03-21-2009, 10:56 PM Reply   
I have the Nice Rack pivot racks on my boat, they look awesome and work flawlessly however you have to be carefull because they do turn in the boat and a board could hit a passenger. I agree with Duffy you could go either way and it wouldn't be a big deal. If your new to wakeboarding just get the basic rack, save a few bucks for gas and have fun!
Old     (sharona)      Join Date: Mar 2009       03-22-2009, 9:17 AM Reply   
Thanks for the input. We are new to wakeboarding and have no experience with any of the products, have never used a rack or tower. None of our friends have towers/board racks, etc. so we are learning and seeing the pics online. I guess I should check out the local overtons.

How easy would it be for middle school kids to reach around and put the wakeboard back on the rack? It sounds scary that a pivot rack could come unhinged and swing around. Isn't there some kind of latch or hinge that needs to be unhooked before it pivots?

Also, as I was reading about products trying to learn what to look for, it was mentioned that some racks may rattle Any advice on brands to look at or comments on Krypt, Skylon, Aerial brand products?
Old     (2006maliblue)      Join Date: Mar 2009       03-22-2009, 10:03 AM Reply   
Well I've had titan racks and now I have Nice-Rack board racks. Never had a problem with rattling, at least not from the racks. The Nice-Rack is very secure and well not open untell you release the latch but you still have to be careful when opening it after all it does bring the board into the boat to make it easier to grab so the board comes into the passenger compartment. As far as Brands for me titan worked fine for a good quality budget rack, as with everything you get what you pay for and I personally the Nice-Rack has some of the most beautifull billet racks out there, but thats subjective. Just my personal opinion its kind of like asking whats the best boat or best color! lol