Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old     (austin_the_wakeboard_man)      Join Date: Jun 2008       04-04-2010, 10:47 AM Reply   
hey can anybody tell why im not landing this i do the 360 after the tantrum http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4ttn0Oplus i appreciate any help thankyou
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-06-2010, 4:32 PM Reply   
Yo there young ripper, basically you have everything dialed in. Your edge and pop off the wake look about perfect. The only thing that I can see that is preventing you from riding away is that you are being kind lazy with the handle pass. By this I mean you are not giving the handle a strong tug and are instead trying to rotate your body around the handle. This is causing you to get hung up and finish the rotation too late.

Take a look at my profile pic, its a Heel Nose 3. You can see how long I've waited to rotate, this pic is taken right as I make the tug. If you have a strong pull you can grab and really stall the rotation, then snap the handle hard.

One thing that helped me when I was doing what you are doing (& helped grab it too). When you are learning it bring your knees up and pass it under your butt. Lead the rotation with your hips.

Good luck.

Last edited by stephan; 04-06-2010 at 4:36 PM. Reason: Addition
Old     (austin_the_wakeboard_man)      Join Date: Jun 2008       04-07-2010, 6:04 PM Reply   
ok thanks 4 the help man ill make sure to try that
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-09-2010, 12:52 PM Reply   
I agree with Big Heavy, the only thing I would add is to remember to keep those knees soft on that landing...you looked like you bounced a little bit throwing you out the front when you came down from the bounce.

BTW, how are your basics? TS, etc? The only reason I asked is because you did two HS tricks, both times rolling over the TS wake.
Old     (austin_the_wakeboard_man)      Join Date: Jun 2008       04-09-2010, 9:33 PM Reply   
im preaty good at toeside i can do a few grabs fs180 scarecrow i fall on my but back alot on the crow anybody think they might know what would cause that unfortunately i dont have a vid i can also d a frontroll ive actually landed a toe3 and toe5 a couple times but for some reason i want toespin to straight up and i intend to leave early the reason i didnt do toeside that time was just because i was going 4 the 360 but decided to do a tantrum for fun thanks for all the help guys i actualy landed that 3 now
Old     (irishrider92)      Join Date: Jun 2009       04-11-2010, 3:07 AM Reply   
Make sure you're looking behind you at the horizon when you pass the handle, also you may wanna try staying looking at the horizon (behind you) while you land. I was falling the same way, kinda, and this helped me loads