Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 01, 2004

Old    mnrider            06-22-2004, 11:48 AM Reply   
I recently got a 2000 wakesetter with low hours, only glich was the m.l.s bag in the center seems to like to fill itself after i turn off the switch, it fills the most when we're at a riding speed of 21-24, any thoughts?
Old    jsalem            06-22-2004, 11:54 AM Reply   
It's probably picking up water through the inlet hole or scupper in the bottom of the hull. Without seeing your configuration I'm not sure if there is a electronic shut off valve or not after the pump. If not, you can easily install an manual inline ball valve.
Old    sage1            06-22-2004, 12:59 PM Reply   
This was a very common problem with Wakesetter's around that time. Call Malibu customer service and they can tell you the fix and/or do a search on www.malibuboatowners.com and I think you'll find a solution.

S1
Old     (liveoz)      Join Date: May 2002       06-22-2004, 6:42 PM Reply   
Peter,

It would be a good idea and solve your problem if you put in a manual shutoff valve. Buy a 3/4 brass gas shutoff valve at a hardware store. (they are cheaper than the marine valves and are the same thing)
These are mandatory on all new boats. I have actually had to use mine as the part of the pump that connects to the hose broke and I had a torrent of water coming in. I close the valve after I fill and this prevents it from overfilling or draining back out.
Old    whitevlx            06-22-2004, 7:34 PM Reply   
Peter -> Ditto what Troy said. I have a 2001 VLX and installed the valve on my inlet as well.
Old    mnrider            06-22-2004, 8:25 PM Reply   
Troy or Steve

Is the shutoff valve easy to install or is it worth paying the dealer to do.
Old     (liveoz)      Join Date: May 2002       06-23-2004, 1:25 PM Reply   
Peter,

It is a really simple DIY project. (No more than 30 minutes total)

You will need (1) 3/4" brass shut off valve, (1) 3/4 male/male brass adaptor, and some silicone sealant(optional).

Step 1) Remove the hose from the pump (you don't need to worry about the wires) Remove your pump. You will want to be careful not to break the pump. It will probably have a light silicone sealant. Get a good grip on the body of the pump and carefully turn until the seal breaks, then just unscrew it and clean the threads on the pump and thru hull.

Step 2) Screw the adaptor into the shutoff
valve and screw the entire piece into the boat. I like to use sealant on both sides of the adaptor but it probably isn't neccesary. Make sure that the valve is positioned so that the valve can be shut without interferance from the wall that seperates the fuel compartment.

Step 3) Screw the pump into the shutoff valve, reattach the hose and you are done.

Old    mnrider            06-27-2004, 1:56 PM Reply   
installation was a success, thanks guys