Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 30, 2009

Old     (mikeakatex5)      Join Date: Jun 2009       06-23-2009, 11:46 AM Reply   
well my gf decided she wanted to try and progress her riding so she dumped the 05 LF team 130 for an 08 Ronix Ibex 134 with some LF wing CTs. The set up looks sick, but I was wondering if this board is like Parks' other board where it really worked for some and really didn't for others? I know there is the board review section here... I just have a hard time believing every board ever made can be 4.5-5 stars. I looked at the rocker on the Ibex and its way more than my 03 Parks. I'm kinda worried how the transition from the small, continuous rocker to the big 3-stage is gonna work out... but kinda stoked to give it a try myself.
Old    sandvign            06-23-2009, 3:39 PM Reply   
I rode the Ibex just a couple times, I also rode the Parks just a few times. I wouldn't say they the Ibex is as challenging of a board to ride as the Parks was (I was in the group that the Parks didn't work for), but I wouldn't say the Ibex is super easy to jump on and transition to either. Its got a super abrupt rocker which really gives you a lot of kick, something that would be a large difference from the Trip which I've ridden quite a bit. It holds an edge very well and allows you to transfer edges pretty easily. The thing I didnt like about the Ibex was the sort of train track feel it had to it. It just tracked in the water too much for my liking as I like a board that is a little loose. Overall I would give the Ibex a similar review to the Parks. Great for some, not for others. Get her on it and see how she likes it. Hopefully for her it works out. If not, make a bench out of it. Haha. Good luck! O yeah good idea asking on here also becasue I'm in the same boat as you on those reviews. Johnny-14-year old says his 04 Parks is the best board for everyone because he saw it in the magazines and has a cool graphic. Ya know what I mean? Again, good luck to you and your chica.