Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (rdiestler)      Join Date: Mar 2003       06-15-2010, 11:50 PM Reply   
I am going camping and bringing my boat to Shasta next week, and would love some input on areas on the lake to see and/ or avoid. We will not be boarding, just cruising and exploring. Any input is appreciated. Thanks
Old     (nsolis220)      Join Date: May 2007       06-16-2010, 10:28 AM Reply   
we were on mcloud all weekend. Very nice. We mostly explored too, since it was blown out. I would say check out pit or squaw for exploring the fingers there looked cool on the map.
Old    lily999            06-16-2010, 10:59 AM Reply   
Christian Sale Louboutin never not hesitate to offer one-of-a-kind shoe designs. It lets me tell you a proof boots.Instead settled doctrine,formed the center-high boots by writing the number of trained,culminating with a series of peaks lock system from the Peep-toe all the way up.The outsoles are,of course,sale christian louboutin, in red,as is the hallmark of the brand.You can see it in black on white leather with black seams,with red stitching and completely black.
Old    lily999            06-16-2010, 11:04 AM Reply   
In foreign countries,a great number of women chases the fever of Christian Louboutin?pumps.When you see a red outsole you can definitely pick it out and say that it is the Christian Louboutin shoes.Red outsole has become the logo of Christian Louboutin since it appeared,And the logo turned up by accident.However,you can never forget the beauty that the Christian Louboutin ?sandals brings to you.When you walk out of the indoor circumstance,your slim,beautiful and grace leg could easily catch people’s eyes.Apparently,the design of Christian Louboutin always make people feel? fresh,sale christian Discount louboutin,each season,Christian sale Louboutin will have its own styles that eagerly look forward to fashion.Ladies could not help to chaseing such things.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-16-2010, 12:18 PM Reply   
Oh SNAP!

We've been SPAM'd.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey, how can you go to Shasta and just cruise around. I love that place. Bring your gear and ride.

My only advice: Bring a spare prop, and be careful while exploring. Water that is seemingly deep isn't always and they're not the greatest about marking things. I bent a prop in the middle of a bay that I would have guessed was 200' deep.

Have fun.
Old     (rdiestler)      Join Date: Mar 2003       06-16-2010, 4:19 PM Reply   
Thanks for the heads up Evan. My boating days are getting closer to being done, just want to see Shasta once before I decide to sell the boat. We are just taking a simple relaxing trip. I was sort of looking for a little more info on the different arms of the lake. I read somewhere that the Pit river arm has lots of hazards such as tree stumps. With the water level being this high do I still have to worry as much? We are always on the look out for photo opportunities. Basically this is our first and maybe last trip there, just want to make the most out of it. Any other info or suggestions is really appreiciated. Thanks
Old     (supraride)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-16-2010, 6:05 PM Reply   
Rob, You can go up to the end of squaw creek and check out some real deep pools with these huge fish in them, just be careful at the end since there are alot of rocks/boulders. Also go to little backbone and see the waterfalls at the end. Evan was that this year or last year? We are going up in two weeks.
Old     (rdiestler)      Join Date: Mar 2003       06-17-2010, 5:11 AM Reply   
Thanks Tony. Which arm is little backbone on?
Old     (bkoz)      Join Date: Dec 2005       06-17-2010, 7:47 AM Reply   
Little Backbone is actually down near the damn. You go up the small arm on the other side of the Sac arm. I would definately go all the way up the Pit if your looking for stuff to look at, its by far the best part of Shasta Lake imo. No worries about trees, just stay towards the middle of the arm and you'll be fine. We went all the way up last year when the water was way down and didnt have any problems. Were are you planning to camp?
Old     (rdiestler)      Join Date: Mar 2003       06-18-2010, 5:12 AM Reply   
Thanks Byron. We are staying at an RV campground in Lakehead. I found a detailed map of the lake on lakeshasta.com it is in pdf format, but it looks like a map that I can by at one of the marinas. I will definitely have to pick one up. Any one else have any other suggestions? And again, I appreciate the help.