Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003 > Archive through September 24, 2004

Old    nick123            07-12-2004, 10:46 AM Reply   
JUst wanted to know what other people thought about the ssv
Old     (eas)      Join Date: Nov 2001       07-12-2004, 10:52 AM Reply   
ssv-eet ride!

Very nice boat...will be near the top of my list next time I buy. Wake can be made large and has a nice little lip to boot. Not quite the lip of a SAN but a lot more than a Malibu w/o wedge.
Old     (evil_e)      Join Date: May 2004       07-12-2004, 10:55 AM Reply   
Love mine, nice rampy wake with full ballast, good hole shot, hydrolic wakeplate very handy, not cheap but a lot cheaper than a SAN or X-Star. No complaints here.
Old    nick123            07-12-2004, 10:58 AM Reply   
do you have any pictures of your boat
Old     (evil_e)      Join Date: May 2004       07-12-2004, 11:26 AM Reply   
Not yet, just got the boat middle of June, boats been in and out of the shop for tower speakers and lights, audio upgrade, 10 hr service, and a little repair when I found a submerged pole with the back end of the boat (SUCK!). All told it's only had 5 days on the water, but I should be getting back soon (it's killing me not having it during this great weather, but I just moved to a condo on the water so it's probably a good thing I don't have the distraction so I can get my place set up). I'll post a pic when I take one (not to toot my own horn but it looks sooooo nice!), and FYI, that pic in my profile is behind a 16 year old MC, not my boat.
Old    zboomer            07-12-2004, 1:24 PM Reply   
I have some pics of my SSV at http://www.wave-hosting.com/micah/launch/

I need to snap a few on the water with the boat loaded down, and some interior shots, but these will show you what it they look like.

So far we love the SSV, it's been awesome.
Old     (fogey)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-12-2004, 3:40 PM Reply   
This is my third season (~200 hrs) with my second SSV. It's been great, and I couldn't be happier.

The local dealer is very aggressive, and there are tons of 'em around here. It's not uncommon to see five or so at our usual riding spot. Everyone I've spoken to has been pleased with theirs.
Old     (wake_eater)      Join Date: May 2003       07-12-2004, 4:19 PM Reply   
i bought mine in april and love it!! it's a great boat & for the price it can't be beat! Jeff--u wanna ride this weekend? i'm waiting on m.r.i. results from my doctor, but if i get the green light i'm dying to ride!! give me a call if you're interested!
Old     (bjgreenewb)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-12-2004, 6:02 PM Reply   
Here are pics of the WAKE size and the HANGTIME you can get off of my 04 SSV.

http://www.wakeboardindiana.com/portal/DesktopModules/ShowFeature.aspx?tabindex=0&tabid=1&FeatureID=2
Old    nick123            07-12-2004, 7:10 PM Reply   
that is a sweet boa micah. how is the wake compared to other boats youve ridden? I was supposed to ride behind one today but a storm passed through
Old    zboomer            07-13-2004, 6:09 AM Reply   
If you're asking about wakes, I'm an intermediate rider and not the best judge of that. The wake seems big to me even with stock ballast (I think 1100 lbs.) The SSV is a fairly wide hull, so it takes considerable weight to sink it down. Smaller boats like a SAN or X-2 will make big wakes with less weight, because they are easier to sink into the water.

Going to the Gravity Games bags (>2000 lbs) increases the wake size greatly. I plan on upgrading, soon as I master the stock-ballast wakes.

Also, I know of one local SSV owner (Jade Chang) running an insane amount of ballast, like 4600 lbs. I really want to check out that wake someday, damn. She tells me she has no problem coming out of the hole either, so she must have it setup perfect.

Anyway, when I bought the boat, I had many priorities, and having the absolute biggest wake wasn't one of them. Dealer experience, interior storage and size, seating arrangement, boat quality, price, etc. all were very important to me as well.

That being said, the first time I popped up behind my boat and approached the wake I was like, "Holy crap." heh. I don't know many, if any SSV owners who aren't happy with their choice.
Old     (mcfly)      Join Date: Jan 2002       07-13-2004, 7:03 AM Reply   
This was taken the other day. Can't go wrong with an SSV!

McFly
Old     (bjgreenewb)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-13-2004, 8:02 AM Reply   
The pics of the Nick Griffin wakeboarding behind my SSV in the link I provided are pictures of the wake behind an 04 SSV with the STANDARD FACTORY BALLAST. My boat does not have the Gravity Games ballast upgrade.

I have plenty of storage space with the factory ballast full. The Gravity ballast upgrade takes almost all of the storage space up. But that is OK since I am VERY SATISFIED with the standard ballast and lots of storage. :-)

With the factory standard ballast you can do all of the pro level tricks and get BIG AIR. Check it out: ;)

http://www.wakeboardindiana.com/portal/DesktopModules/ShowFeature.aspx?tabindex=0&tabid=1&FeatureID=2
Old     (pfleiger)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-04-2004, 7:39 AM Reply   
Here are some pics of my post 9-11 SSV edition....pretty rare boat.

http://www.joeab.com/ssv/