Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 07, 2006

Old     (closer)      Join Date: Oct 2006       10-25-2006, 2:24 AM Reply   
I have been boarding for about five months and want to buy another board. Where I Live in Tenerife is only one place where they sell boards and the choice is fairly limited ( 3 different ones). Also the guys that work in the store (big multi sport store) dont know anything about boarding so can not give me any advice. What would be a great board and bindings to buy? I have a liquid force board at the moment (not sure of model etc) with Liquid force bindings. I am 6'1 and 180lbs. My wakeboarding standard would be best described as basic. It takes longer to learn when you are a bit older!!!
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       10-25-2006, 2:55 AM Reply   
If you can post a picture of your setup or even just describe the graphics I'm sure someone on here can tell you what you're riding and tell you about it and go from there.

What are the three boards they have on offer?

With your size I'd stay above 140cm.
Old     (closer)      Join Date: Oct 2006       10-25-2006, 3:35 AM Reply   
OK. the 140 cm helps. I feel really stupid that I do not know what board I am riding now. Maybe it would be better if I find out and then ask again. I only have one picture on this machine and I checked and you can not see the graphics. you can see the shape of the nose/tail. Upload
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       10-25-2006, 1:57 PM Reply   
cant tell.
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       10-25-2006, 2:04 PM Reply   
Looks like the Evo/Diva shape.
Old     (wakegenie)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-25-2006, 2:39 PM Reply   
It looks a lot like the 05 Evo 142, Mark look on the top of your board around the middle or the edges, a lot of boards say what model they are some where on them you just may need to look...ex the 06 team 130 says team on the top sheet near the edge (that's a more obvious one) try and look at it closely read what it says on it if it says evo we know it's a evo if it says diva we know it's a diva. Also why do you want to replace this board? what don't you like about how it rides? And what kind of ride are you looking for? I don't think that anyone can realy recomend a board for you if they don't know what you want in a board.
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       10-26-2006, 6:12 AM Reply   
If it really is the Evolution shape then it's a good all around board that one of the Ennen brothers, I believe, rode quite a bit.