Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 01, 2004

Old     (jsan)      Join Date: Nov 2003       06-29-2004, 3:26 PM Reply   
Just thought I'd share some pics of my new swim platform...see what you guys thought. This started as a winter project, something to do while the boat was idle, but I just finished it. I love my teak platform...this was just something to try, make the boat a little different.

I built it out of marine grade plastic, which won't rot out or chip, doesn't need maintenance and should last for years. We've got a CNC at work so I machined it on that and welded it together. I put Hyrdroturf padding in the machined areas, so it feels good on the feet!

deck1
deck2
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       06-29-2004, 3:41 PM Reply   
Wow, that's beautiful! I see a business opportunity. How much did it cost you to do all that?
Old    wakeboycoy            06-29-2004, 3:44 PM Reply   
very VERY SICK!!! The areas where it has the turf is all machined out? Very phat!
Old    zboomer            06-29-2004, 3:46 PM Reply   
Dude, that's major awesome... I'm trying to just figure out how to make a good stern protector for my platform, and you whip out this? :-)
Old     (bigdad)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-29-2004, 4:00 PM Reply   
great job. Probably the best platform I have ever seen. I wouldn't doubt if the boat companies start coming out with that soon and steal your idea. What a way to finish the boat off.

I think someone has finally outblinged Grant in one aspect of the boat.
Old     (jsan)      Join Date: Nov 2003       06-29-2004, 4:16 PM Reply   
Thanks guys. It was a ton of work. I've probably got about $400 in material into it. Plus a lot of hours. The hardest part was getting the deck dimensions into the computer. And it took me forever to find a clean AIR logo.
Old    courtz            06-29-2004, 4:21 PM Reply   
WOW!!! it looks like you bought it! that is how good it is! i am really jellous! What kind of boat do you have that you are putting it on?
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       06-29-2004, 4:22 PM Reply   
Do you have a pic of the bottom? I'm assuming the whole thing is solid, correct?
Old     (jsan)      Join Date: Nov 2003       06-29-2004, 4:58 PM Reply   
Courtney, it's for a Super Air Nautique. I wanted to make it larger than the stock one, but I don't know if the brackets would hold it.

David, I don't have pics of the bottom, but it's solid, so it should be strong.
Old     (jaegermaster)      Join Date: Sep 2002       06-29-2004, 5:20 PM Reply   
PATENT IT NOW!!!

Just wonderin... what type of CNC did you do that on?
Old     (evil_e)      Join Date: May 2004       06-29-2004, 5:29 PM Reply   
Good god man, that is awesome! JB, if I had a Nautique I'd pay you good money to make me one of those. VERY NICE!
Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       06-29-2004, 8:18 PM Reply   
OUTSTANDING WORK!!!!! Now lets see what Grant (Whitechocolate) comes up with to outbling ya!!!
Old     (macdaddy)      Join Date: May 2004       06-29-2004, 11:40 PM Reply   
that is sweet , I love the look of a teek deck. I have been thinking about making a teek deck with a inlay of a X with a darker wood. What do youi all think cool or lame?????
Old     (johns)      Join Date: Sep 2000       06-30-2004, 8:45 AM Reply   
Very tight bro!! Nice work
Old    mb_girl            06-30-2004, 11:07 AM Reply   
Very, very nice work & something that will truely set your boat apart.

jude,
If you like teak, go for it. Done by the right person that could look incredible. I personally know a few people that can do unbelievable artistic type of stuff like that with wood, so I think it could look really good. But like I said, I think you'd have to know someone good for that.
Old     (jsan)      Join Date: Nov 2003       06-30-2004, 11:14 AM Reply   
I agree. I think teak would look great. I couldn't do that because I don't know jack about woodworking :-)

Jae, it was done on a multicam overhead router.
Old     (toyotafreak)      Join Date: Sep 2003       06-30-2004, 11:25 AM Reply   
Grant would've put LCDs in there so you could swim up and watch the replay of your last trick.
Old    bigd            06-30-2004, 11:39 AM Reply   
Cool! Is it just me or does the nautique swim platform get smaller every year?
Old     (gherk)      Join Date: Aug 2001       06-30-2004, 11:53 AM Reply   
Actually their platforms are bigger now then they have been.
Old     (gherk)      Join Date: Aug 2001       06-30-2004, 11:56 AM Reply   
Very nice JB. I was going to make my own fiberglass platform with black gelcoat but I just havn't gotten around to it yet. I like the handle holes. Using plastic will sure cut down on the wear and tear of a fiberglass or teak platform.