Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (tommyg)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-17-2010, 1:57 PM Reply   
Generally speaking, I'll get 100 hour service done every 2 years, whether I've put 100 hours on the boat or not. The last 2 years, I'm guessing we've put on 50 hours total just due to having small kids, so even when we go out there, we often just cruise straight to the beach.

Anyway, smart to do a full 100 hour service after 2 years, or should I be good to go with an oil, filter, and impeller change to start the season? Last year, I just changed the oil and filter.
Old     (alans)      Join Date: Aug 2005       03-17-2010, 2:00 PM Reply   
Every Year, regardless of hours. People will argue if you should do it at winterization or in the spring

Oil
Oil Filter
Fuel Filter
Transmission Fluid
V-Drive Fluid (if applicable)
Old     (repo)      Join Date: Feb 2010       03-18-2010, 12:30 AM Reply   
Depends on how much you love your boat? Its good to have them serviced & looked over for anything that may have come loose or corroded that needs replacing. Nothing worse than going to all the trouble of getting away to have the boat break down in the first hour due to lack of maint'? Mine gets serviced regardless of hours twice a year.
Old     (ajholt7)      Join Date: Apr 2009       03-18-2010, 12:33 AM Reply   
Always do an oil change at the end of the season. Used oil is acidic and you don't want to leave it in your engine during the off season.
Old     (ktm525)      Join Date: Mar 2009       03-18-2010, 4:55 AM Reply   
We do an yearly service
Impeller, pull and check out drive[(I/O), u-joints,gimble,etc] oil change,change all fluids, check steering cables,trim pump etc. check all cables etc.
Usually during mid season we do an oil change. The oil is the blood for the motor and it's cheap insurance. We started riding first week in January I just did an oil change for this year yesterday. We had 35 hours for this year already.
Maintenance is super high priority for me to keep things running properly and looking new.
Old     (tommyg)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-18-2010, 5:39 PM Reply   
thanks guys. Made my appointment for a week from Saturday. This nice weather has me jonesing to get out there!