Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 21, 2006

Old    fiberglassman            05-21-2006, 9:05 PM Reply   
Working on a '06 Nautique this weekend and am wondering if they decided to skimp on things this year. While fixing the hull for an insurance claim boat (it ran into a dock) I think I there is a difference in the construction from the other nautiques, it's thinner and looks like cheaper stuff than it used to be. Looks like there's a lot of foam in the hull this year too. Is this correct?
Old     (norcalmalibu)      Join Date: Jun 2004       05-21-2006, 9:08 PM Reply   
thats a pretty bold statement im sure the nautique police will on you soon.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-21-2006, 9:30 PM Reply   
Oh I remember the last bun fight that ensued when FGM posted.

- Sits back and cracks open a beer -

Lets git it ooooon
Old     (yosquire)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-21-2006, 9:31 PM Reply   
Nautique police!
Old     (mrm2083)      Join Date: Nov 2005       05-21-2006, 10:00 PM Reply   
i heard the sv211 has a new construction method. Was it one of those?
Old    fiberglassman            05-21-2006, 10:01 PM Reply   
No really, I think they cheapened up the glass it's much more brittle and doesn't seem near as thick as the hundreds, and I mean hundreds, maybe thousands, of nautiques that I have worked on. Not bashing just curious if I need to change my repair formula or not.
Old     (jayc)      Join Date: Sep 2002       05-22-2006, 5:37 AM Reply   
Sure its a correct craft and not a south american imitation :-)

http://www.astillerovictoria.com.ar/victoria.php
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       05-22-2006, 1:39 PM Reply   
My 2005 211 is built using the "Fusion" technology, which means it's built more like an I/O with a finished fiberglass interior deck fused to the lower deck. But the glass work should not be any different.

I know when I cut the speaker holes for my bow speakers I burnt up a steel hole saw then had to use a sawzall. The cutout is super strong, I tried to smash it with a hammer and it didn't do anything.

At the Nautique reunion the factory rep. told me they are using a new assembly technology on the 220 where everything down to the screw hole locations is input into CAD/CAM. He also mentioned that Correct Craft was working on some new manufacturing technologies under the new management, so it's definately possible. Since management has changed again I have no idea what to expect.

In any case, CC hulls are warrantied for life so it's probably nothing to worry about. Also, this may not be the best place to ask this question and get a good answer?
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       05-22-2006, 1:52 PM Reply   
Just remembered a recent thread on PlanetNautique...

The hull weights of the 211 went from 3800lbs and change to 3500lbs and change for the 2005 versus the 2006 boat. There was a message posted from somebody claiming that the construction process had changed accounting for the weight difference. I didn't believe it as I have always thought that my 211 weighs under 3800lbs (because my 4000lb lift doesn't have any trouble lifting the boat full of gas and me). Now we have two different sources pointing towards a possibly different construction method, I guess there might be something to it, but I am not sure?
Old     (nautique_04_226)      Join Date: Feb 2006       05-22-2006, 2:45 PM Reply   
They are redistributing the weight on the hull to create a better wake and allow for more ballast. I do not know but it sounds good.
Old     (mrm2083)      Join Date: Nov 2005       05-22-2006, 4:14 PM Reply   
i think the sv11 weight about 3300lbs and always has
Old     (brit_rider)      Join Date: May 2004       05-23-2006, 4:42 AM Reply   
"They are redistributing the weight on the hull to create a better wake and allow for more ballast."

haha, that could be the best marketing speak i ever heard - works way better than

"hey we use less fibreglass now... it allows you to put more ballast in"

hehe, just my take on it. I haven't had these issues with any of the newer nautiques I've worked on. Could just have been a bad one, but i've never heard of a bad Nautique.
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-23-2006, 11:29 AM Reply   
Not for nothin, and not trying to thread-jack but I felt similar to Fiberglassman with regards to the new X-2 from MC. I saw one at a show over the winter and felt is was kinda chinsy looking in the way they put everything together, nothing sat right with me on being built solid. Maybe it was the day or lighting or how I was viewing things, but I thought I would share!
Old     (jeffrpod)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-23-2006, 12:42 PM Reply   
I took the MC Factory tour recently. A plug they drilled out of the hull was about an inch and a half thick of glass! The 06 MCs I've seen have been stunningly built - but to each his own.
Old     (mbrown)      Join Date: May 2005       05-23-2006, 2:38 PM Reply   
It's not how thick the glass is but where it is thickest that matters. Building up some areas that do not need re-inforcement or having all one thickness throughout is characteristic of a non-CAD design.
Old     (bog)      Join Date: Sep 2002       05-23-2006, 8:37 PM Reply   
Is there new factory open? I know they were planning on changing some processes when they got in there.
Old     (anodyne)      Join Date: Feb 2006       05-24-2006, 12:06 AM Reply   
(I second Jeff on that... I've been around boats all my life, and Mastercrafts are exceptionally well built boats. And no, I do not own one... Haha)