Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-19-2006, 12:17 AM Reply   
After seeing some videos etc. I've become interested in buying a "long board". It just seems they would be easier to stay on/stay in the pocket/hang 5/teach fat friends etc. The problem is I've never seen one that looks right to me in the store (Sacramento area). I don't have a clue who makes a "good" long board. I currently have (and am happy with) a Phase Five, however it's not as forgiving for newbies, plus I really want to hang 5..............dude
Old    surfdad            04-19-2006, 5:16 AM Reply   
Shoreline used to make a 7 footer, I don't believe they stock it anymore. I would check out
the Bicsport Mini Malibu - 7'3" I do believe, but not uber wide - 21"'ish :-) You can walk the nose and practice paddling in. Not sure that I would concur that it's the easiest board for newbies...although... it is stable and easy to ride.

http://www.bicsportsurfboards.com

Another board that might be easier to find locally and is, no doubt, cheaper is HL's landlock in 5'11" round nose and meat cleaver fins :-)
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-19-2006, 7:35 PM Reply   
Thanks for the input Jeff!