Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003 > Archive through June 22, 2004

Old     (evil_e)      Join Date: May 2004       06-01-2004, 8:05 AM Reply   
Just bought an 04 Supra SSV and I want to switch out the rear 250 lbs bags with 500 lbs bags. The dealer I got the boat from mentioned making sure I got bags that would fit the coupler on the fill hose...anyone know what bags will fit the SSV setup?
Old     (suprarider)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-01-2004, 9:47 AM Reply   
Barefoot Int'l sells the Gravity Games bags, that is what we just bought, had to get the new connectors direct from Skiers Choice.
Fluid Concepts also sells the larger bags but did not have them in stock at the time we purchased ours.
Old     (evil_e)      Join Date: May 2004       06-01-2004, 11:39 AM Reply   
Do you happen to know if the connectors on a new Supra will work with the bags you got or will I have to get different connectors? How much were they? Thanks for your help.
Old    cws_kahuna            06-01-2004, 2:03 PM Reply   
I'd look into what Jim said about the gravity games bags. They are the perfect fit for your boat.
Old     (evil_e)      Join Date: May 2004       06-01-2004, 2:59 PM Reply   
Thanks for the input guys, I also got an email from Matt Brown which was very informative. I've got an email out to Fluid Concepts to see if they're bag will work, otherwise it looks like the GG bags from Barefoot are it. I ordered all of my audio components and lighting today and yesterday and I've got a guy I ride with that's friends with Herb Obrien's (Hyperlite, HO, Obrien...) step daughter and she should be able to get me most of my other gear pretty cheap. Just the bags left and I'll be stylin...once the boat's in the water I'll post a pic in my profile.
Old     (mujibur)      Join Date: May 2002       06-03-2004, 1:20 PM Reply   
David,

Just got my custom sacks from www.gethighsports.net for my 03 SSV and they look and work great - the guys at gethigh put the valves just where i needed them to fit the stock locations. I ordered 23" w x 15" h x 41" l - perfect fit and just over 500lbs a side. and for 230.00 for the SET these bags were much less expensive than the BFI bags. They even leave a bit of room on the top whn filled for a wakeskate, so if you want to go nuts on the height you could go to 17" and this would put you close to 600lbs each side...

Just a thought in case you wanted an option to the BFI sacks. & yes Matt is a stud over there are Skiers Choice.
Old     (evil_e)      Join Date: May 2004       06-03-2004, 2:04 PM Reply   
Thanks Muji! I just emailed them to see if they have the 1000 lbs replacement bag for the center as well (you don't know if they do, do you?).
Old     (mujibur)      Join Date: May 2002       06-03-2004, 6:18 PM Reply   
They do have the 1K bag for the center, i didn't buy it because i already have an 850 lb bag in the center. I think the 1K bag was just over 100 bucks. Good luck - e-mail me if you want some pictures of the ones i got in the boat.
Old     (evil_e)      Join Date: May 2004       06-03-2004, 6:48 PM Reply   
You've got mail
Old     (yeaitsmemarc)      Join Date: Jun 2003       06-06-2004, 6:19 PM Reply   
How'd the rear Extra-Large Ballast Bags fit? I have an 02 SSV.. and wanted to upgrade to the Gravity Games, but might go with the gethighsports.net bags.. Do they fit well? Any problems connecting them to the existing Hoses? Thanx!
Old     (mujibur)      Join Date: May 2002       06-06-2004, 7:28 PM Reply   
The bags fit perfectly in my 03 SSV for the size i describe above. I had them put the valve locations on one end ans in a few inches towards one side.

I only have "bags full" in the locker pics - will try to upload them here.

If the images show up you can see there is still room in the locker with the bags full (one has a wakeskate in it) - this weight puts the swim platform about 4 inches under with an 850Lb bag in the front - center...

Ballast1

Ballast

ballast3
Old     (cdm)      Join Date: Aug 2003       06-06-2004, 8:56 PM Reply   
how heavy are those rear bags? And what is your total set up consist of? thanks
Old     (evil_e)      Join Date: May 2004       06-07-2004, 8:12 AM Reply   
Thanks for posting those pics Muji, I think I'm going with these Get High Sports bags...
Old     (mujibur)      Join Date: May 2002       06-07-2004, 8:43 PM Reply   
cdm
The rear are about 500 lbs a side i have 850 lbs in the front. For the rear size see post above.