Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (phathom)      Join Date: Jun 2013       07-23-2014, 2:54 PM Reply   
So my family has made the switch to eating a lot healthier, part of this includes getting more Omega-3s and eating more fish, which up to this point was pretty much zero except for Tuna.

We have started buying tilapia as we heard it is less fishy, the reason we don't really eat fish.
We have had success grilling it with lemon and Italian seasoning on it, but that's about it.
I tried making fish tacos yesterday and did pretty much the same thing I would do with chicken, except to get rid of the fish taste I figured I'd marinate it for a few hours. I defrosted it and stuck it in a bowl of lime juice mixed with taco seasoning and let it sit for about 4 hours.
Afterwards I put the fish and the marinade in a pan, added some fresh cilantro leaves and let it broast and get soft and broke it up with a spatula. After the lime juice was evaporated and absorbed I put on more taco seasoning and put it aside in a storage container in the fridge until it was ready to serve for dinner within that hour.

They tasted ridiculously fishy. I couldn't even eat two tacos. I thought all the lime juice and taco seasoning and cilantro would kill any fish taste, but it seemed to make it more noticeable.

Any ideas on next time, or even how to take that taste out of the left over fish taco meat we now have?

I'm also open for ideas on how to use it otherwise besides grilling it or any other fish recommendations. FYI, it is boneless, skinless frozen tilapia fillets we're buying.