Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (Greg2223)      Join Date: Dec 2011       10-22-2012, 8:31 AM Reply   
Im camping next week right on the lake, and would like to build a simple slider to bring with and hit while were up there. All the write ups im seeing are more than what im looking for..just want something simple and fun with a fast build..any ideas?
Old     (tdelong)      Join Date: Oct 2012       10-22-2012, 8:42 AM Reply   
Are you looking for mobile like on wheels or mobile like floating and can be moved around? I've used 50 gallon drums to float the kickers and old pontoons work well also. It's a little bit tricky but also a little more reliable as well.
Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       10-22-2012, 11:28 AM Reply   
From what I've seen and read, anything worth building and riding would be more effort and expense than I'd be willing to put in for a weekend of hitting it. Anything big enough to be really fun would be a huge pain to haul, and floating something that long makes it even bigger and harder to haul. Topping it with pipe might cut the cost a big, but using the standard puckboard is never cheap. I think you may want to look into boat riding for the week instead, because in my opinion that will be more fun and successful.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       10-22-2012, 1:34 PM Reply   
I am at work and dont have any pics with me at the moment. But we whipped up a mobile floating corrugated pipe slider pretty quick and this summer. A lot like the one they used at Spanky Beavers last year. The pipe was a bit expensive, I think it was like $250 for the 18", 20' pipe. It held up really well all summer. We used treaded plywood to make caps out of that we Poly-ed the shiat out of (using west system), and Kept them in place with loads of silicon caulk . I put a 2 x 4 frame in it to make it a bit more rigid. Basically a Tri-angle frame inside of it that we just slipped into place. Can be moved easily with 3 guys but can be done with 2. Be better is it was longer, but it still fun. I will dig around tonight and see if I can find some pics.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       10-22-2012, 6:00 PM Reply   
Andy, would love to see that. Please post pics and details!
Old     (d_h_wake)      Join Date: Apr 2008       10-24-2012, 5:13 PM Reply   
I have a mobile slider for sale, with a custom trailer, each barrel is plumbed severalty so the slider can float as high as you like.

Its yellow and the surface is yellow
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       10-24-2012, 5:25 PM Reply   
Where is it located? Probably Canada with my luck!
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       10-25-2012, 1:17 PM Reply   
I totally forgot about this pics. I will Upload some tonight. Dont know how many I have of the build but I know I have some of it in the water.
Old     (bboozer)      Join Date: Apr 2007       10-26-2012, 5:59 AM Reply   
I am curious about seeing pictures as well. Also, how did you anchor it? I have some 12" double wall corrugated pipe that I was planning on making a slider out of, but didn't have time this summer, so I guess it is going to be a winter project. I have 2 pieces, that are total of about 16' long, I know that it will probably be a little short, but it was free from a job I was working on. And I have a plan for connecting them. I will take pictures when I get around to it. I am going to seal the ends with 1 3/4" lvl that I have also got from a job, so the only cost I will have is time and caulk, and anchors.
Old     (bboozer)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-29-2013, 7:43 PM Reply   
I am going to try and revive his thread. After my pipe sitting along the side of my house for almost a year, Iffinally got around to finishing my slider project. I spliced the 2 pieces of pipe together and reinforced the joint and sealed every thing up. It finished out at right at 18' long. Now I just need suggestions as to the best way to anchor it. Does it need to be tight so that it doesn't move or does it matter. And any guesses as to how long it will take before DNR the shows up.I will try and post some pictures, but they are on my phone and I can't figure out how to attach them from it.
Old     (raceman121)      Join Date: Nov 2012       04-30-2013, 6:49 AM Reply   
I also would love pictures of that!
Old     (bboozer)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-30-2013, 6:28 PM Reply   
http://db.tt/a7BTyBTQ

http://db.tt/nRL0MA4u

http://db.tt/EyJN3pWJ

I don't know if these links will work, but I am giving them a shot