Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old    bigdtx            06-30-2010, 9:01 AM Reply   
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       06-30-2010, 9:09 AM Reply   
must have been that evil rap music that made him do it
Old    bigdtx            06-30-2010, 9:21 AM Reply   
Good thing the security guard was there to prevent that criminal bike owner from "putting his hands on" somebody. That place seems real secure.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-30-2010, 10:47 AM Reply   
What exactly do the Security guys get paid to do?
Old     (2006maliblue)      Join Date: Mar 2009       06-30-2010, 10:56 AM Reply   
Okay and the security did what? Somebody asks them to call the police because he saw someone trying to steal his bike and they do nothing? Well actually they did give the guy that owns the bike a hard time for not parking it in the bike rack. Yea thats why that guy was cutting the lock on the bike, he just wanted to move the bike to the bike rack! lol
Old    sperbet            06-30-2010, 11:48 AM Reply   
pathetic, where is that?
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-30-2010, 11:48 AM Reply   
"you think I haven't been assaulted before man"

Hahaha....
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-30-2010, 12:31 PM Reply   
WOW when did Oakland start looking like LA???
Old     (brettw)      Join Date: Jul 2007       06-30-2010, 12:34 PM Reply   
The guy with the camera is lucky he didn't get beat up. If he saw it, he should have called the police instead of yapping about waiting for someone else to.
Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       06-30-2010, 12:35 PM Reply   
That dude should have just got on the bike, looked at the dude and said "Nice try A$$hole.. And rode off. Lucky that dude did not break out the bolt cutters and whack him upside the head with it.
The security guards were worthless. Should be fired.
Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-30-2010, 2:15 PM Reply   
What he should have done was beat that thief within an inch of his life. There is no place in society for that kind of trash. Unfortunately, beating him would be illegal. Once again, those that respect the law are abused by those who don't.
Old     (hematoma)      Join Date: Jul 2008       06-30-2010, 5:50 PM Reply   
What he should have done was whooped his ass and took his gold teeth, he could pawn them and atleast get a new lock.............maybe.
Old     (jtnz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       06-30-2010, 7:53 PM Reply   
Typical, I didn't do anything now get out of here before I beat you. Sounds real innocent to me.
Old     (jason95gt)      Join Date: May 2006       06-30-2010, 8:15 PM Reply   
He needs to take this video to the News station along with the police department and get them involved for these worthless security guards. I can't believe they were talking to him about doing not putting his bike in the racks instead of helping him with this guy that is threatening him.
Old     (gunz)      Join Date: Sep 2001       06-30-2010, 8:44 PM Reply   
It doesn't matter if it was caught on tape,because it's the bike owners fault for having a nice bike.

He would've been asleep before the lock hit his backpack,then I'd take his stuff.

Old     (bdavis)      Join Date: Sep 2002       06-30-2010, 11:04 PM Reply   
Brett and Andy
I disagree. He stood his ground and kept his cool. If everybody stood up for what they believe in maybe society would have less trash like this robbing people in broad daylight. He didn't walk away and he didn't swing.... We are all on our own these days, nobody's got your back.
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-01-2010, 6:00 AM Reply   
I wouldn't have said a word.

I would just walk up with something in my hand and while he's messing with the lock I'd hit him as hard as I could.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-01-2010, 6:07 AM Reply   
The security gaurds are specifically trained not to engage the perps in circumstances such as this one. They are taught to call the police and observe only. Given the total elapsed time of the incident there isn't really much the bike owner could do. IMO he should have taken his bike and left. No bicycle is worth risking your personal safety. Sucks yes, but not worth the risk.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-01-2010, 12:10 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattle View Post
The security gaurds are specifically trained not to engage the perps in circumstances such as this one. They are taught to call the police and observe only. Given the total elapsed time of the incident there isn't really much the bike owner could do. IMO he should have taken his bike and left. No bicycle is worth risking your personal safety. Sucks yes, but not worth the risk.
So they don't do anything when people shoplift, and a customer/employee speaks out? Seems more like they were more intimidated by the Perp than the bike owner
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       07-01-2010, 8:31 AM Reply   
So let me get this straight, the security guards said they weren't going to do anything because they didn't see it happen?

Hopefully those two clowns are in search of other jobs today. The store should buy the guy a new bike lock because of those two d.a.'s.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       07-01-2010, 12:29 PM Reply   
Amen on that a-dub
Old     (brettw)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-01-2010, 12:31 PM Reply   
I still don't get why the dude with the camera couldn't shut up for 30 seconds himself to take the time to call 911 on that punk thief.
Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-01-2010, 1:43 PM Reply   
As soon as he said " .... I'm going to beat you up" I would have fed him his teeth. I wouldn't have waited to see what happens next.. he's already been assaulted.
Old     (mattgettel)      Join Date: Jan 2009       07-01-2010, 2:03 PM Reply   
did i really just watch that. damn i am sorry.