Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (fman)      Join Date: Nov 2008       02-10-2013, 9:18 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfe View Post
Wow... what a trip this thread has been. Let's review...
  • '12 SAN 230 vs. '12 VLX (both leftover)
  • '13 SAN 230 vs. '12 VLX (Nautique dealer ups the ante!)
  • '13 SAN 230 vs. '12 MXZ (throws everybody for loop by adding MXZ to the mix)
  • Leftover '12 MXZ wins, or so we thought...
  • JR goes to boat show and the seeds of doubt are planted... maybe the 230 afterall!
  • JR says, "Ahhhh F*ck it! Just give me a brand new MXZ with everything on it!"

So pumped for you guys! Can't wait to see pics. Have fun picking colors!!
LMAO! Those dang boat shows! You gotta stay away from them! Thats awesome congrats to him, thats going to be an amazing boat!!
Old     (wakintime)      Join Date: Jul 2011       02-10-2013, 10:27 PM Reply   
Do you guys think the metallic is a fad and will stay around a few years or die out and nobody will want for resale? Thanks.
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       02-11-2013, 7:29 AM Reply   
^^^ No, but it's freaking expensive.
Old     (Bamabonners)      Join Date: Jul 2011       02-11-2013, 8:15 AM Reply   
white with metallic red accents look great!

they don't call it retail red for nothing. Red always has and always will be a good color for cars, boats, etc...
Old     (wakintime)      Join Date: Jul 2011       02-14-2013, 11:26 PM Reply   
One last question. Besides the metallic being more expensive, what if any is the downsize? Harder to upkeep? Harder to get scratches out? All answers appreciated?
Thanks.

Last edited by wakintime; 02-14-2013 at 11:27 PM. Reason: Forgot word
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       02-15-2013, 12:33 AM Reply   
I had metallic (aka "flake") on my last boat, and it was awesome. Looks great and it's not any harder to take care of. The hardest color is obviously black.

Malibu posted this pic today on FB, and I almost jizzed my pants. A scheme like this on your 22 MXZ would really pop!

Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       02-15-2013, 4:06 AM Reply   
I've Been told that metal flake is more difficult to repair.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       02-15-2013, 5:17 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfe View Post

Malibu posted this pic today on FB, and I almost jizzed my pants.
That's a sick bu, but some info is better left untold!
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-15-2013, 6:49 AM Reply   
As Chattwake said, it is harder to repair. If you are prone to dock scratches or scratches that you fill at the end of the year, it is next to impossible to match it up right . I have seen some repair jobs and if it is small most people will not notice, but is pretty obvious. I would hate to see a large repair....
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       02-15-2013, 7:14 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplej View Post
That's a sick bu, but some info is better left untold!
LMAO... sorry guys. ;-)