Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 19, 2004

Old     (wes_can_riders)      Join Date: Feb 2004       03-02-2004, 8:10 PM Reply   
if anyone has style greg does! the most noticable part of his riding is the way he handle passes... does anyone else do this... when ever I do bs 180s I always pass the handle under my ass... im going to start trying 3s this summer... since I do this style of handle passing should I try doing that with my 3s... ive never seen greg do a fs 3, does he do them with the under the butt pass?

(Message edited by wes_can_riders on March 02, 2004)
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       03-03-2004, 7:17 AM Reply   
isn't that more of off-axis spins?
Old    wolfpack            03-03-2004, 7:57 AM Reply   
Yeah, you have to watch you balance passing like that and since you'll have to reach down your spin speed is going to slow down.
Old     (eas)      Join Date: Nov 2001       03-04-2004, 7:40 AM Reply   
i do that for on-axis 3. i started doing it to keep my head/chest over the board during the spin so that i don't get pulled out the back when my back/butt is to the boat. i actually cannot pass the handle at the small of my back, never could. call it what you will, but for me it's not so much about style as just making it work....the cool thing is that not many people i ride with do it this way, so it's a little different.
for what it's worth.......
Old     (electricsnow)      Join Date: May 2002       03-04-2004, 3:15 PM Reply   
Yeah, gregg's spins are definitely hot...I think he did the largest backside three I've ever seen on a wakeboard in "metronome." He's a really nice guy, too. In regards to the under the butt handle pass, it works for spins of a lower denomination, but it won't work well for larger spins...
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       03-04-2004, 4:13 PM Reply   
I personally don't like the way that looks. I saw myself on video doing 'em like that and I changed it. It's ok though, I still love you even though you like what I don't.
Old     (rootc)      Join Date: Aug 2002       03-05-2004, 1:15 PM Reply   
I'm with Thane. Not real fond of the under the butt handle pass.

chef, 'He's a really nice guy'. Necrason was an ass when I meet him 3 or 4 years ago. I must have meet him on a bad day?
Old     (electricsnow)      Join Date: May 2002       03-05-2004, 5:39 PM Reply   
It's quite possible. I've heard he's quiet and he's not always talkative...but I met him last april along with tina and I have absolutely no complaints...this probably sounds weird but they were doing this demo for two days and both days they were really kind and friendly...like they were legitimately interested in what I had to say and show them. You know, everyone has bad days (plus gregg is older now and he might be more mature--people change over 3 or 4 years), but I honestly can't say a bad thing about either of them. And the demo was hotter than hot because this florida boy came up north and basically skinned the 55 degree water (he wore a neo top). Holla...
Old     (wes_can_riders)      Join Date: Feb 2004       03-05-2004, 10:44 PM Reply   
Electricsnow lol your on this site too.... you know alot but this sport dont you lol
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-06-2004, 9:09 AM Reply   
I agree with you Evan, sorta. Sometimes I like to do 3's like that, I just do it to mix it up. It will make it harder for you to do bigger spins. It also good for grabbed 3's cuz that way both of your hands are already down behind your knees and it's really easy to pass, it doesn't look as cool but it's a way to get out of a mess up when you go too small.
Old     (electricsnow)      Join Date: May 2002       03-07-2004, 10:27 AM Reply   
Yup evan, I'm on this site too. Although I'd consider myself more of a wakeworld lurk because I don't post all that often.
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-07-2004, 10:33 AM Reply   
So watch out, whatever you post, she'll probably be reading it.
Old     (electricsnow)      Join Date: May 2002       03-10-2004, 9:45 AM Reply   
oh, I'll definitely be reading it...and I have evil minions working for me, so they'll be reading them too...