Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 07, 2004

Old    oh2bamy            05-18-2004, 2:02 PM Reply   
I was wondering about this board as far as learning fundamentals on it, as far as being a beginner, what do you guys think?
Old     (phaeton)      Join Date: Feb 2002       05-18-2004, 4:18 PM Reply   
I think the Trip is an awesome beginner board. We have taught many to ride on the Trip. Better response and more control than a beginner board.

Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       05-18-2004, 4:49 PM Reply   
excellent board all around. Every liquid force board has evolved from the trip in one way or another. Some more obvious than others. It's a great starting point. I shouldn't even say starting point because it will be good for years to come.
Old    damnation            05-19-2004, 5:25 AM Reply   
Agreed, excellent beginner board. Nice and wide and stable. I teach everyone to ride on my trip (which I haven't ridden in over 3 years). I let people try my other boards after a while and they always prefer the trip.
Old     (cinder1995)      Join Date: Aug 2002       05-19-2004, 5:58 AM Reply   
I bought my trip when I was still learning the fundamentals. It helped tremendously.
Old     (canaday)      Join Date: Dec 2002 Location: Hawthorne       05-19-2004, 1:25 PM Reply   
yes
Old     (flashalexb)      Join Date: May 2004       05-20-2004, 6:50 PM Reply   
I learned on that board and a Hyperlite Premier 135
Old    proskier            05-20-2004, 7:17 PM Reply   
whats the biggest trick someone has ever pulled on a trip?
Old     (tantrum20)      Join Date: Nov 2001       05-20-2004, 8:47 PM Reply   
anything that Necrason, Shane Bonifay, Brennan Johnson landed back then... they were all riding trips... from Moby , to giant Elephants, to Big worms... only to name a few...

like Thane said, every LF board is an evolution of the trip... most evidently the team, balance and subjekt...
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-21-2004, 8:33 AM Reply   
I would say the trip is an all around awesome board. It started the whole 3 fin revolution and the side cupped/curved fins. This board is good for a beginner and a pro. Depending on how you set up the fins, you can really tune the speed of the board. I like it with out the center fin. Plus you can get a trip really cheap on ebay.
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-21-2004, 8:38 AM Reply   
I still think the Trip is a great board to ride. And was watching "My House" the other day, Gregg was pulling backside 7's on it. Brennan Johnson had about every mobe possible and rode it. Shane used to stick 9's on it.
Truely a great design, good for all levels.