Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-31-2011, 8:06 AM Reply   
I know this has been discussed and normally I chime in that I use State Farm and add it to my other policies. This year I have to go to an outside source for insurance or I will lose my preferred rate once it goes to underwriting and they see some new speeding tickets. I am just going to use an outside source, so I don't jeopardize my regular insurance.
Any suggestions? Typical rates? I usually paid around $400 with State Farm and I am fine with that if it is a reputable company that people have had claim experience with. I need to book something today.
Old     (ldr)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-31-2011, 8:36 AM Reply   
Both myself and my dad have ours through progressive. I haven't had to use it but my dad has with an 06 X star and he was very impressed with how everything was handled. The thing I like about progressives boat insurance is the diminishing deductible, the deductible goes down 25% every year until it's zero. So right now i'm on my 3rd year and my deductible is $1000 but if something were to happen i would only pay $250. obviously next year it will be zero so I'll make my deductible as high as they'll let me to lower my rates.
Old     (07launch22ssv)      Join Date: Feb 2007       03-31-2011, 8:48 AM Reply   
If your getting a new Supra why not use the Boat US insurance and that way you get the 5 year Indmar warranty? I know you don't usually keep your boats that long but just an idea. I use Allstate in combination with home, cars, etc.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-31-2011, 9:05 AM Reply   
Andrew,
I was not aware of the Boat US deal. What is that all about? I have used them in the past and if they are a Supra supporter it might make sense to give them the biz.
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       03-31-2011, 9:57 AM Reply   
Tyler give American Family a call, had them until I just switched to Pemco (you have to live in Washington to have them) but Amfam was pretty good and reasonable. For their agreed value replacement they will only insure what's on the invoice though so keep that in mind.
Old     (07launch22ssv)      Join Date: Feb 2007       03-31-2011, 10:54 AM Reply   
Diggs it is more of an Indmar thing than a Skiers Choice thing.....

http://www.tradeonlytoday.com/home/5...rranty-program

http://wakeboardingmag.com/news/2010...year-warranty/

I'd talk to your dealer for the specifics.
Old     (ryanw209)      Join Date: Jan 2010       03-31-2011, 11:14 AM Reply   
Westmar marine insurance is who I use. Its about $350/year on my 2006 Sanger V215. I just hit something under the water a month ago and I have had no issues with them paying the repair bill of $14000 so far.
Old     (scotthons)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-31-2011, 12:39 PM Reply   
I just switched over to Boat US or switching over beginning tomorrow. I stayed with an agreed value and they still came in at about half of what Allied was charging. It looks like are part of CNA Insurance which is a solid company.
Old     (chexi)      Join Date: Jul 2009       03-31-2011, 1:21 PM Reply   
Check out Ski safe. I have everything with State Farm (2 houses, 2 other boats that I am trying to sell, umbrella, etc.) and get a lot of multiple discounts, and it was still a lot cheaper for me to insure with Ski Safe, and I got agreed value instead of purchase price, which was great since I bought my boat for a nice bit under market value. If you have an umbrella policy, be sure that you get sufficient coverage on your boat insurance (check with your primary insurer), or the umbrella might not cover boating incidents.

At first I thought you were talking about car insurance. Who gets speeding tickets on the water? You must have been in no wake zones.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-31-2011, 1:44 PM Reply   
So far Westmar is the best. I might book with them on your reco Ryan. Thanks
Anyone else use Westmar and happy with them
Old     (lionel)      Join Date: Nov 2005       03-31-2011, 3:21 PM Reply   
Diggs, that is who I use. I have higher limits for umbrella policy reasons but they're still affordable. Happy with them, having said that I've never had to file a claim Knock on wood, so I don't know how that process would be handled????
Old     (RanchDweller)      Join Date: Jun 2010       03-31-2011, 3:26 PM Reply   
Progressive. I had a complete loss and they didn't even blink an eye. Super awesome to work with.
Old     (elc)      Join Date: Jan 2008       03-31-2011, 4:57 PM Reply   
I have westmar. Although I haven't made a claim (knock on wood) they came recommended by the service manager at the local malibu dealer (stating they are one of the easiest marine insurance companies to work with). Pricing was comparable to other quotes I received with similar coverage.

Last edited by elc; 03-31-2011 at 5:01 PM.
Old     (HighVoltage)      Join Date: Aug 2010       03-31-2011, 8:03 PM Reply   
I have it through AAA with my other vehicles. Its a bit cheaper with the 6 month lay-up period, around 330/yr
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-31-2011, 8:40 PM Reply   
I went with Westmar. Had to make a quick decision cause I picked up the boat today. Service was really good and had the best rates. Let me know if anyone wants the contact I talked to. It was $475 annually and had low deductibles and pretty high limits. They are the only company that seemed to not kill you for speeding tickets. They allow you to have up to 5 tickets on your record unless they are DUI or something more serious. If under 5 you can still get good rates.
If you have a Supra or Moomba I did find that US Boat Agency (i think that is what it is called) will extend your warranty on your Indamar motor and they will also do full replacement on your boat (may have been some other benefits too, but had too much info going on). I would also recommend them, but with my tickets they were a bit higher....
Old     (brett564)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-31-2011, 10:29 PM Reply   
2008 Malibu 23LSV, agreed value (a pretty good one at that), and Boat US insurance. $380 a year.
Old     (heath)      Join Date: Feb 2008       04-01-2011, 5:54 AM Reply   
Ski Safe. I have my 2010 SAN230 with them at just over $500 a year. Whoever you go with make sure that they will cover hitting something underwater. Not all companies will cover this.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       04-01-2011, 6:29 AM Reply   
Heath
They do. That was one of the questions I asked. It is with a $500 deductible and 300,000 libaility and uninsured boater
Old     (kgd)      Join Date: Jun 2002       04-01-2011, 8:50 AM Reply   
I am also interested in the Boat US 5 year Indmar warranty information. I use Boat US for my Malibu that I purchased new in December. Is there anything you have to do with respect to the Indmar warranty?
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-01-2011, 10:10 AM Reply   
Heath, careful with SkiSafe. Stick to wakeboard & slalom only. They are known for not covering incidents out of the norm, eg; riding SkySki/AirChair, parasailing, extreme tubing, etc.
Even USA Waterski dropped them when that all went down.
Old     (07launch22ssv)      Join Date: Feb 2007       04-01-2011, 10:16 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgd View Post
I am also interested in the Boat US 5 year Indmar warranty information. I use Boat US for my Malibu that I purchased new in December. Is there anything you have to do with respect to the Indmar warranty?
Has to be 2011 model year and you have to have a policy within the first 60 of delivery.
Old     (dcooper)      Join Date: Mar 2005       04-01-2011, 6:28 PM Reply   
Allstate. Does good for me! But then I sell it too. Did have Allstateyears before that though.
Old     (boarditup)      Join Date: Jan 2004       04-02-2011, 11:49 AM Reply   
http://www.globalmarineinsurance.com/

Good rates, better service. They are the only company that covers tournament duty for the boat.
Old     (ian_ashton)      Join Date: Jul 2008       04-02-2011, 8:01 PM Reply   
I also have BoatUS, my premium is like $485 for ~$40k stated value policy, and they are super friendly.