Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (jdjjamesz)      Join Date: Mar 2008       09-15-2009, 3:45 PM Reply   
Duffy,yeah no worries bra,I wasnt trying to come of the wrong way either,I think you guys have one of the best waves out there to.and you have progressed alot.so keep up the good work,thats what this sport is about people having fun and seeing how fun this sport is and everyone pushing it as much as we all can.
Old     (sailing216)      Join Date: Oct 2007       09-15-2009, 4:43 PM Reply   
Lets hear about that prop.

I used to have a 3-blade non-stock 13"x13" that had less turbulance than my new 4-blade with 14.25 pitch and Black Scorp 330. I haven't had any issues getting the boat on plane, but I did note that I have more turbulance with the 4-blade (more noticeable on the goofy side). I'm learning that the prop does make a slight difference.
Let's see if I can get some pics tomorrow with the guys and no kids. gotta go faster for the barrel.
I'm still holding out to test that super deep-V 30ft fishing boat with single inboard and duel trim tabs. So this is my vote but not sure if I'll test drive: http://www.happydaysboating.com/pre_owned_detail.asp?sid=04189417X9K15K2009J6I39I5 7JPMQ3977R0&veh=1271096
Old     (packrat)      Join Date: Mar 2005       09-15-2009, 6:45 PM Reply   
Very nice video Mark. Looked like you were really having a good time.

Can you tell me your ballast set up for that video? Thanks
Old     (duramat)      Join Date: Feb 2008       09-15-2009, 8:45 PM Reply   
By all means lets hear about the prop. Were all in this to further the sport and share trade secrets to help the other out. Lets hear about it Id be interested to look into it. What makes this prop so special?
Old     (caskimmer)      Join Date: Apr 2006       09-16-2009, 7:20 AM Reply   
I'd have to agree with Ragboy about the best wakesurfing boat being the one that puts out a good wake on both sides. For me at least it doesn't matter how amazing 1 side is if the other side doesn't cut the mustard. IMO the social aspect of wakesurfing is what what makes it so much fun and I'd much rather have an enjoyable experience for everyone than the perfect setup for myself.
Old     (duramat)      Join Date: Feb 2008       09-16-2009, 10:24 AM Reply   
Prop spins one way, either left hand or right hand. One side is going to be better period. But that doesnt mean you cant get the other pretty dang good too, just more tinkerin thats all. Im goofy and happy with my wave, I also surf heelside on my good regular wave

James, lets hear about that prop.
Old     (taft)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-16-2009, 11:09 AM Reply   
I've got a Sanger V237. Before my family got into that boat, I was interested in seeing the Enzo. Because the Enzo takes so much work to make the wave on the goofy side, I ended up looking elsewhere to find a boat that would be easy to setup, and fair to all riders.

I'm extremely happy with our 237. Using far less weight than my family's last boat, the 237 throws out a great wave. Adding to that, it is difficult to try to find a difference between the goofy and regular side waves. The boat puts out a great wave on both sides with very little effort. Although it doesn't affect the wave, the interior of the boat is also great. Not only should the boat be ranked among the best for surfing, but the interior competes with the best as well.

If you're looking for a surf boat, Sanger needs to be looked at before you can consider your search complete.}
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-16-2009, 11:16 AM Reply   
@andrew_taft I agree, I was on the v237 several times and watched it go back and forth, each side is great. My Tige is the same way, the wakes are virtually the same. I really have no idea why prop rotation would have that effect on one hull, and not on another. I would say on my boat, that I do see a difference in the curl a bit on left to right, which may be due to prop rotation, but it is very minor.
Old     (taft)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-16-2009, 11:30 AM Reply   
It just makes more sense to me to get a boat that performs on both sides. If I'm getting a $70k surf specific boat, I'd feel like an idiot if it was only for a side and a half of great surfing. I don't mean to bash the Enzo here, but a boat needs to be looked at as a whole when rating it; the Enzo, and many others, don't accurately justify their prices as surf specific boats.

(Message edited by taft on September 16, 2009)
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-16-2009, 11:40 AM Reply   
Well, thats preference. It makes more sense for you, and I would say the same thing. But if someone demos an enzo, and a sanger or tige, and they like the wake on the enzo better, and understand it is not as good on the other side then go for it. My only complaint is that when people ask about the best wakesurf boat, or the boat with the best wake, many will shout enzo without qualifying the "one side is better than the other" issue. I just think when somebody is asking for advice on a $50-$75k purchase, that is an important detail. If that person wants to ride backside on the reg side like Mark Sher and others, more power to them. Mark has been an inspiration to RJ and I for a while, and even more so after spending some time with him, and watching him ride. Its his choice, I just think it would be cool if advice seekers were given enough information to make a good choice.
Old     (caskimmer)      Join Date: Apr 2006       09-16-2009, 11:45 AM Reply   
^^^What he said
Old     (caskimmer)      Join Date: Apr 2006       09-16-2009, 11:54 AM Reply   

quote:

It seems to me there is a lot of people out there who don't know how to use an Enzo.

I know this statement was meant in support of the Enzo but IMO it does exactly the opposite. If it takes a rocket scientist to provide a good surf wake then it's not the ideal wakesurf boat. Every other boat I've been on is pretty straight forward.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-16-2009, 12:05 PM Reply   
Here's a video of a Tige Z1's surf wave:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwpl8seXhzo
Old    mobster            09-16-2009, 12:12 PM Reply   
the best wave from both sides was produced by the svfara SV3
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       09-16-2009, 1:36 PM Reply   
My waves are virtually the same. The goofy is a little taller and shorter than the regular wave. I think the avalanche has an amazing wave.
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       09-16-2009, 1:41 PM Reply   
Timmy I love the 40oz! That's hilarious! Your wave looks good
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-16-2009, 1:45 PM Reply   
Oh, that's not my boat or me - that's DieselPwr (Steve) from Tigeowners.com's setup.
Old     (duramat)      Join Date: Feb 2008       09-16-2009, 2:38 PM Reply   
I still wanna hear about james non traditional prop, where are ya james?
Old     (enzostyle)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-16-2009, 11:32 PM Reply   
Yeah it took all of my rocket science skills to dial in my goofy wake

I get tired of all of the Enzo bashing that goes on here. But that's what happens when you are on top, people take shots at you.

I put my Enzo sac on the starboard side, add one extra side sac under the driver seat, blade to 7 and ENJOY! I used to run a lot more weight than that with less results. Everyone that rides my wake is always blown away by the size and power. 3 of my friends have Enzos after riding with me.

YES the wake is BETTER on the regular side, how does that make it less of a surf boat? That does not mean the wake on the goofy side is crap. If I bought a boat with less wake just because both sides were the same, that would make me feel stupid!

If you are having trouble dialing in your regular Enzo, I feel for you, but that wont' keep me from enjoying the best of the best, on both sides.

Flame proof so do your best.