Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (MNRIDER)      Join Date: Aug 2011       08-18-2011, 9:04 AM Reply   
How does everyone feel about the Indo board? Does it help in off season training? Does it use the that feel like they are not used all winter long when you hit the water for the first time. Our riding season will be over in about a month and Im just trying to stay ahead of the curve.
Old     (Nova)      Join Date: Jul 2011       08-18-2011, 9:08 AM Reply   
I've always been interested in this myself. 3-month riding seasons are a real bummer for me and it'd be interesting to learn a way to keep from getting rusty over my huge 9 month break. Hopefully you get some good answers!
Old     (ponder86)      Join Date: Mar 2008       08-18-2011, 9:15 AM Reply   
They're fun, will help your overall balance for sure. But, that is about it IMO.
Old     (MattAlz33)      Join Date: Jun 2011       08-18-2011, 9:19 AM Reply   
I agree with np3. It's fun and may help with wake skating, working on shove its, etc...
Old     (ryoder)      Join Date: Feb 2009       08-18-2011, 9:20 AM Reply   
They help a ton! Do a couple of things with it..
Start by getting super comfortable just riding it. Maybe stand on it and watch tv or stand on it and eat your bowl of cereal every morning. Once you get super comfortable with how to balance on it get some free weights or bar for a weight bench and do squats on the indo board. your legs will be burning in no time! helps keep those legs in shape!
Old     (nuckledragger)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-18-2011, 9:35 AM Reply   
It definitely helps with balance and building stabilizer muscles. It you can add in some squats like the others said you will be burning in now time.

I actually built my own rather than spend a ton on the indo board. I bought a blank skate deck $20 and 3" PVC pipe from Home Depot $5. It works just as good if not better. Its a little squirley at first but you get used to it. You notice a definite difference in balance after using it for a week or two.
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-18-2011, 9:43 AM Reply   
get an indo board, making your own works but the indo is good quality and lasts. Ive had mine for about 6 years now and its holding up real well.
Old     (MNRIDER)      Join Date: Aug 2011       08-18-2011, 10:06 AM Reply   
Solid, thanks guys, I know it's not the only thing a person should do for training, but everyting helps. Iv been on some of the home made ones and there ok I guess, but im looking for more leg and core training not just skate tricks.
Old     (Glaze08)      Join Date: Jul 2011       08-18-2011, 11:35 AM Reply   
Take up snowboarding over the break.

I've snowboarded for about 12 years now and wakeboarded for about 5.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-18-2011, 10:13 PM Reply   
You'll use the heck out of it when you get it, get really good and balanced, then use it less and less every year, but it's always good to get on and work on balance, as well as a great time killer. Had it in my office for a while and would do it while on conference calls, until I went down mid call one time
Old     (MNRIDER)      Join Date: Aug 2011       08-19-2011, 10:43 AM Reply   
Ya, I have snowboarded almost as long as I have wakeboarded since the mid 90's, its just a different set of muscles out on the water or at least you use them in a different way.

Nice work on the conference callndid you tell them what you were doing when you went down, or did you just pull the ol' I dropped the phone maneuver?

I think the indo will be great for off season for me, but also good balance training for my daughter when she's ready