Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 29, 2010

Old     (chas)      Join Date: Feb 2002       01-11-2010, 5:19 PM Reply   
We took a ride up to the lake to see how the water looked So low you can see the old dam. We really need some rain.
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-11-2010, 7:29 PM Reply   
Wow....that's low...which lake?
Old     (kikitlo)      Join Date: Jul 2005       01-12-2010, 8:11 AM Reply   
That is real low.
Its New Hogan Lake Near Valley Springs
Upload
Old    kaligirl            01-12-2010, 9:15 AM Reply   
We used to go to New Hogan all the time but we havent been for the last 3 years for this reason. So sad. Everyone do a rain dance.
Old     (lzyboy)      Join Date: Jun 2001       01-12-2010, 12:15 PM Reply   
This is the lowest I have seen it since the drought in the 80s. The water level data shows it has dropped approx 16 veritical feet since our last trip in July of 09.

Adtl Pics
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       01-12-2010, 12:22 PM Reply   
Crazy... We haven't been there in years, either. Used to be one of our favorite winter ride spots. I remember one year where the water was soo high that it covered the whole lower parking lot by the damn.

Aaron... what's up brotha. Lot's of good times at Hogan, eh?!
Old     (lzyboy)      Join Date: Jun 2001       01-12-2010, 12:29 PM Reply   
Hey Big Daddy,

Too many fond memories to count... I took my son on a road trip new years weekend - we checked out Hogans, Melones & Pedro. Pedro being the fullest, then Melones & Hogans well is a mudpit. I still love Hogans as its just over an hour from the bay - can't beat the drive when the waters up.

We'll see ya @ Spring Ride in May but at this rate all my trips will be shifting lakes from Hogans to Pedro this year as I prefer to leave the boat in the water the family can hang out & spend some QT.

Oh how the times have changed - from bikinis to beer bongs & bonfires now to kids, cribs & caprisuns - hahahahaha -

Take care brotha - KIT
Old     (wakeparent)      Join Date: Jan 2005       01-12-2010, 1:08 PM Reply   
Looks like a sick place to build some rails..to hit with a pwc or a winch.
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-12-2010, 1:10 PM Reply   
Yup, I got a few buddies who have built rails out there. Its a GREAT lake that is relatively unknown for the most part. Too bad California is struggling with water management.
Old     (bobbyblashke)      Join Date: Dec 2009       01-12-2010, 3:24 PM Reply   
is this because of lack of rain or water management
Old     (thescott)      Join Date: Nov 2007       01-12-2010, 3:42 PM Reply   
^^Both
Old     (spridle)      Join Date: Sep 2009       01-20-2010, 2:09 PM Reply   
You know its bad when grass is growing about 2 vert feet below the launch.
Old     (otown_dave)      Join Date: Dec 2007       01-20-2010, 3:42 PM Reply   
well you wanted rain....
Old     (family_deckhand)      Join Date: May 2008       01-20-2010, 10:22 PM Reply   
Crazy pictures. We enjoy going there because it is so close to the east bay area. Went there once this last summer and it was already low. I also remember about two years ago when the lower parking lot was underwater and you could see the top of the stop signs. Hopefully this rain will help fill it up.
Old     (freerider12)      Join Date: Apr 2008       01-21-2010, 11:09 AM Reply   
I love going there early morning before all the tubers and jet boats show up. There is actually a calabria sitting at the bottom right now because the sherriffs dept. forgot to mark an island that was just inches under the surface. The lake is replenished strictly on rain water so hopefully this storm helps out a lot.