Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 09, 2008

Old     (xbones)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-03-2008, 1:33 PM Reply   
I've been looking at that 88...and agree, its sick. I had already decided the best route for me to go was the 2001 long before I posted this, but as I've been shopping for old Nattys I got to thinking about the lack of a new boat in the lower priced market...hence the reason for the initial post. It was totally off-the-cuff and basically no thought was put into the comment, which has been evidenced by the thrashing I've taken on it :-) and the scratching I've had to do to explain myself.

Naturally, because of my love for the sport I'll make the time and find the funds to fix-up an older boat.
I love the old nattys and plan on a finished product of something like this:
Upload
Old     (drewdown)      Join Date: Jun 2006       04-03-2008, 1:39 PM Reply   
^ Thats a fine boat. No shame in a boat like that whatsoever.
Old     (billy2603)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-03-2008, 2:32 PM Reply   
I get what you are saying, but blame the consumers not the manufacturers. When I went to college (ah, the good old days) wakeboats were in the 40s, when I got out they were in the 50s, four years later they are in the 60s. We keep demanding fancier, shinier stuff and keep buying as they slap it on and raise the price.

If you buy used you won't lose a lot on depreciation as long as the prices keep rising. I had a friend with a 2001 and the wake is incredible with weight - can't go wrong there if you go out with small groups.
Old     (sippi)      Join Date: Dec 2007       04-03-2008, 2:59 PM Reply   
There's a guy on my lake with a PRISTINE condition air nautique, vdrive. I don't know much on the model but i know the side of the boat has AIR written on it. but that guy never boards just up there drivin his boat and sittin at the beaches. But a boat like that will last forever man. You can get the same thing as the pic above in a vdrive and be set. I'll see if i can take a pic when i see him again.
Old     (glasgow)      Join Date: Mar 2008       04-03-2008, 4:18 PM Reply   
I agree they are sick boats. They do lack in storage, but not a huge problem, if you set them up right.The nice wake makes it worth it..I have had around 6 or 7 people in mine without a problem.I really hate to get rid of mine, but I have a new boat and was hoping to get a lake lot and have both out there, but thats being put on the back burner for awhile. Here's a Pic of mine if you or anyone might be interested.Good Luck looking...Upload
Old     (cbk)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-03-2008, 5:35 PM Reply   
Luker - Put the gloves back on and stand up and defend yourself. The thought wasn't that off base. It's pretty much impossible, but not terrible. I can tell you as a dealer that I wouldn't want to sell it, I'd rather sell a 15 year old MC,CC you know. I am not going to go into detail about why it can't happen because everyone else has hit it on the head and I think that you knew that even before you started typing, but just failed to give it more thought. Get an older boat first and enjoy it, learn from it and most of all appreciate it. Then when it's time t get that 50k new boat it will mean a lot more to you and you will take much better care of it. Good luck man.
Old     (wakechallenged)      Join Date: Oct 2004       04-03-2008, 9:39 PM Reply   
Consider biting the bullet each time and RENTING when you need to. If you are only a casual weekend warrier, you probably figure only 10 days on the water each year. At $300/day, that's $3,000 (but being an accountant, you probably already knew that). The annual payments on even a cheap entry level boat, storage, insurance, maintence, etc. probably wouldn't come to that.
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-03-2008, 10:58 PM Reply   
"......but there are economical options you don't seem willing to pursue."

Good to see your now willing to look at less expensive & equally fun boats. I'm on my 5th boat since 1990 & only just this year got into what you classify as "entry level" wake boat. Meanwhile we've have a huge amount of fun in all the boats we've had over the years.
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       04-04-2008, 2:59 PM Reply   
you can finance a brand new Supreme 208 v drive with a bunch of options and pay about 350 a month. pretty sure the price is less than 40, low 30s. depending on where you live insurance isnt that much. i know here in cali it would be less than 700 for the whole year and thats with a very prominant boating ins. comapny.