Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (supra24ssv)      Join Date: Mar 2006       04-08-2006, 10:18 AM Reply   
can someone suggest some good wakesurf ropes
Old     (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-08-2006, 10:32 AM Reply   
i have the Straight line surf rope and handle, it's a small handle and short rope combo, i think it was like $30
Old     (travis_m)      Join Date: Aug 2005       04-08-2006, 8:27 PM Reply   
check out this site:

http://www.howtowakesurf.com/Rope_Handle.jsp
Old    xtreme            04-10-2006, 1:09 PM Reply   
These, http://ridecwb.com/2006/index.php?mod=ropes&id_prd=60 , eliminate the handle, so no chance of getting your hand caught, upon falling.
Old     (ed_g)      Join Date: Nov 2005       04-10-2006, 2:40 PM Reply   
I have one of the handleless ropes. I gotta tell you, they are real hard to hold onto when getting pulled up.

Lately I have just been using a shortened ski rope.
Old     (showtime)      Join Date: Nov 2005       04-10-2006, 3:15 PM Reply   
denny -- i looked everywhere and couldn't find a rope that i liked. i actually went to tractor supply (local, have-everything store) and bought some rope like used to make lead lines for horses. i bought one blue/white, 20' one black/white 6' and one red/white 6'.... i tied all 3 ropes in a knot, actually it turned out pretty small and very uniform, had my wife braid them and clamped them off at about he 4' length.. covered the joints w/ battery cable heat shrink and ended up w/ a super nice rope. the total rope is 16' w/ one 3'take off link. i will try to post pics later.. the 3 ropes braided together makes for hte perfect size to grip while being pulled up.. i have approx 30$ total..and i think it is much nicer than any other rope i have seen --and it floats!!!
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-10-2006, 4:15 PM Reply   
If your not as artistically sound as Joshua here, try the Straightline rope and handle. I saw one of these at the shop on Saturday and it looks pretty nice.
http://www.skilimited.com/graphics/products/large/1001062L.jpg
Old    Johnny Wadd            04-10-2006, 4:42 PM Reply   
I bought the one of this website.(www.lakeboard.com) It has a small "T" handle and the rope adjusts to go longer or shorter. I originally bought the braided rope with no handle and it was really hard to hold onto plus it felt like I was getting rope burns. Anyway www.lakeboard.com. They have a killer one.
Board More/Work Less!
J$
Old    surfdad            04-10-2006, 5:00 PM Reply   
I love the T-handle concept! I hate the knots that rip your hands to shreds and the 1 handed handle that we all try and stuff 2 hands into, and Lord knows I don't have enough time or talent to make my own rope. THAT is the best concept I've seen in ropes, avoids the potential of hooking your arm through it AND still allows 2 hands. Thanks for turning us on to that John Boy.
Old     (travis_m)      Join Date: Aug 2005       04-10-2006, 10:05 PM Reply   
I like the backround music on lakeboards.com!!
Old    Johnny Wadd            04-11-2006, 5:50 PM Reply   
Yep nothing like Sublime and the music from "The Endless Summer." Jeff the rope works really well, if you get one you'll be stoked.
Late$
J$
Old     (supra24ssv)      Join Date: Mar 2006       04-11-2006, 8:34 PM Reply   
thanks for the info guys
Old     (ed_g)      Join Date: Nov 2005       04-12-2006, 4:14 AM Reply   
does anyone have the email address for Shoreline Lakeboards?
Old    surfdad            04-12-2006, 5:38 AM Reply   
Ed, I have it at the office. If you'll remind me, I'll shoot it to you.
Old    surfdad            04-13-2006, 3:24 PM Reply   
Hey John Boy,

Did you order that rope online? I finally found it on their site, but it's not secure (https:-) I never buy online unless it's secure. Tried to give them a call, but no answer and no way to leave a voice message. Any other source for that handle? I love it.
Old     (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-13-2006, 3:53 PM Reply   
i don't know how they can have a site that takes credit cards that isnt secure? i don't know of any banks that will give you a merchant account without securing the site first

BTW my site is secure so feel free to order from it :-)
www.entrustclothing.com/store
Old    surfdad            04-13-2006, 4:16 PM Reply   
Unless I was doing something wrong, it was asking for my CC info without showing the secure server or lock. My understanding is that UNLESS you have an https in the URL, it isn't thru a secure server.

I can't say that I run in this problem TONS, but occasionally...and I was clued into by listening to some expert talk about how to avoid having your CC number stolen. Since then I always verify and I've not purchased at probably 5 or 6 sites due to this.

Old    surfdad            04-13-2006, 4:24 PM Reply   
MY BAD MY BAD MY BAD! It's showing a transfer to a secure server at the bottom, but the URL in the browser window remains static...I'm still not seeing a lock in the browser however. Probably just a funky shopping cart.
Old     (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-13-2006, 4:43 PM Reply   
jeff you probably have to be logged in. i just check on my store and it shows up as http untill you log in then it's https
Old    Johnny Wadd            04-13-2006, 5:56 PM Reply   
Jeff, I ordered it from their website. No problems at all. But it looks like you have handled it.
Late$
J$
Old    surfdad            04-13-2006, 7:52 PM Reply   
I ordered it, I had one of my clients check and he said something about the "frames", so it was doing all it's stuff in another frame and not changing the URL in the address box. I am SO not an expert in HTML/ASP/JAVA - and that's why I do simple stuff like Federal tax compliance! :-)
Old     (ed_g)      Join Date: Nov 2005       04-14-2006, 3:20 AM Reply   
What? Whattya mean you ordered it?

Mike emailed me and told me he had no ropes and wasn't able to get any more unless he bought them in lots of 250 - which he wasn't gonna do.

I see how this works. If your just a little guy from gator infested Florida and not some big fancy CPA from Cal-ee-for-nee-a, you get pooped on.
Old    surfdad            04-14-2006, 6:27 AM Reply   
HA! While the last line is absolutely true :-)...I may get the same pooping on when I check my email this AM. I ordered it online and got a confirmation email, but it could be they'll tell me it's out-of-stock. I really like the design of that rope.

Hey, John Boy! If they don't have any more, wanna sell yours? :-)