Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through November 14, 2005

Old    taz1            10-20-2005, 8:13 AM Reply   
New to boating/wakeboarding, looking for our first boat. Something we can grow into, my son is 4. We need a reliable, good handiling boat for beginners that we won't grow out of.

I'm looking at a 2005 sv211 team with everything except tower spkrs,heater and shower. 52k + tax. Is this a good deal? can I do better or find a comparable boat for less $$$. It's a bit steep on our budget.

thanks in advance for your help......Great site.
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       10-20-2005, 9:02 AM Reply   
i would suggest a used boat, your not allowed a new boat for your first one :-) j/k

seriously though, 30-35 will buy a nice used boat only a year or two old and you wont end up upside down on the thing......meaning if you buy right you will be able to sell it for what you buy it for.

www.wakecoupons.com
Old     (madchild1)      Join Date: Mar 2005       10-20-2005, 10:08 AM Reply   
if you want a cc, go for the 210. you'll never grow out of that.
Old    taz1            10-20-2005, 1:36 PM Reply   
Thanks for the replies. Wanted a new boat for warranty and reliability. does anyone here know if thats a good price for a 211? I can't seem to find any info. on pricing

the x-2 and the tige 22ve are the other boats I've looked at, was quoted "mid 60's" on the x-2 and 54k on the tige with stereo upgrade. I'll check out the 210 tomorrow.

Any help would be appreciated.....
Old    ryan_bailey            10-20-2005, 1:36 PM Reply   
If you think it's steep on your budget now just wait....
B - Bust
O - Out
A - Another
T - Thousand!
Buying a Correct Craft should save you some coin in the end, fewer repair bills and higher resale value.
Old    taz1            10-20-2005, 1:48 PM Reply   
B.O.A.T. -That's funny...Though I'm new to boating I have a sand rail and a couple quads, seems as if I'm busting out cash everytime I turn around should be nothing new.

}}Like the sound of "fewer" repair bills and higher resale.
Old     (tidalwake0504)      Join Date: Oct 2004       10-20-2005, 2:16 PM Reply   
ill sell you mine.....
Old    taz1            10-20-2005, 2:29 PM Reply   
How much????
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       10-20-2005, 2:48 PM Reply   
Look into a Supra 21v or 22SSV, or the New Moomba LSV. All V-drives. All less than what you were quoted and they are all top notch boats.
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       10-20-2005, 3:48 PM Reply   
Robert,

I have a 2005 sv211, it's a great boat that does everything very well. Some people skiing at slower speeds will complain about the wake, but you can't have everything.

Last Sunday I had a pro-rider on my boat. He worked all summer at a local Nautique dealership and told me that his favorite boat to ride behind was the 211. He felt the 211 wake was more versatile than the 210.
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       10-20-2005, 3:52 PM Reply   
The sv211 wake is SICK! one of my favorite. 52k loaded sounds about right. You will be very happy with that boat.
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       10-20-2005, 6:03 PM Reply   
the SV211 is a great boat, but count me as one more vote for starting out with something used/cheaper/older. there are lessons in boating you only learn the hard way (plug, docking, etc), and you may find after a while that you aren't all that into it anyway.

if you can drop $50k+ on a new rig, consider finding yourself something half that much or less to learn on, and then sell or trade it in a couple years for a couple grand less than you paid for it. used inboards hold their value like no other mechanical toy i've ever seen.

have a look at older CC SuperSports, Malibu VLX's, MC 205's, etc. these boats are simple and pretty much bulletproof, and you won't be sacrificing much if any reliability. in fact, my boat is a lot more reliable than my land vehicles!

i would recommend going with an open-bow Vdrive if you can find one, for resale if nothing else. i've had an OB I/O, CB inboard, and now OB Vdrive and would never go back. good luck in your search.

(Message edited by trace on October 20, 2005)
Old     (kylet)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-20-2005, 7:07 PM Reply   
my best friend has a 211. i love it. very practical and lots of room for passengers and gear.
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       10-20-2005, 8:35 PM Reply   
I agree with Trace,learn on a used boat.

SV211 one of my favorite wakes!!!
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-21-2005, 7:12 AM Reply   
You should also be able to pick up a Centurion/Supra/Moomba/Tige of the same size as the 211 for 10 to 15k less than the Malibu/MasterCraft/CC

(Message edited by krbaugh on October 21, 2005)
Old     (rich_g)      Join Date: May 2003       10-21-2005, 10:45 AM Reply   
You don't have to spend $50K to get into boating /wakeboarding. It sounds like you are just looking for reliability and a trusted brand. I agree with Kevin, look at some of the price-point brands. You can still have a positive experience with any of these boats, and if you save $10K, maybe less stress on the budget.

It's like saying.., "I've never had a car, I want a good one, should I only consider Mercedes". The law of diminishing returns kicks in real fast with boats just like everything else. If you want one of the top 3 because you love the brand, love the boat, and know exactly why you're getting it - that's great. But don't buy premium brand as a first time buyer without learning about other options.
Old     (rich_g)      Join Date: May 2003       10-21-2005, 12:05 PM Reply   
BTW, I don't think of Tige as a price point brand. Seems like it's more of a high-end niche builder.
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-21-2005, 12:14 PM Reply   
Depends on the local market around here they are apples for apples with Centurion/Supra/Etc I would say that Moomba is another step down
Old    taz1            10-21-2005, 4:10 PM Reply   
Man, you guys/gals are a great help. I've started looking a little closer at some of the other brands Tige, supra and Malibu. The Malibu looks to be a hard core wake boat. Either nothing our all out. Love the blade tower.I'm going to test the Tige 22ve next week.

I know I should probably buy used but I've got this thing for new stuff....

by the the way the 211 is now 50+ tax and reg.

Old     (hsmunoz)      Join Date: Nov 2004       10-21-2005, 6:05 PM Reply   
Robert , don't let the haters talk you out of getting a new boat. That's what makes the 211 such a great ride, you can be a beginner, and it is a great boat, you can become advanced and it's still a great boat.I have one, and we ride total newbie's (wife learned to board behind the 211) to Son, who gets all the air he can.But if you need to get a used one check out Flipsell, there's always a few there.

I looked at every other boat, and the 211 stood out as a well build, and stylish ride.
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       10-21-2005, 6:26 PM Reply   
Robert,

One more thing... My buddy wanted a good crossover boat but didn't want to sacrafice any of the direct drive performance. He ended up buying a Malibu I-Ride saving about $10k vs. my 211 (we both closed the deals at last year's boat show). The I-Ride is a great crossover boat that will keep you happy until you start going big. The Malibu Sunscape is also a very nice ride. If you like the feel of sitting deeper in the boat you will favor the Malibu, if not you will favor the Nautique. Do drive the new MC X2 as well, it's a big purchase, do your research, wait, that's what you are doing here...
Old     (zeda)      Join Date: Nov 2004       10-21-2005, 9:15 PM Reply   
Robert,

I think you will like the 22Ve. You will find it very big compared to the 211. The wake performance behind Tige is pretty good. I currently own a 2004 Tige 22V that we really enjoyed. The storage is huge and the wake surfing wake is very very good. However, after boarding and skiing behind the 211, I decided to put my 22V on consignment and will hopefully own a 211 soon. The things I will miss from the Tige include storage, taps, roominess, and the wake surfing wake. The things I will gain with the 211 include a slightly better wakeboarding wake, a much better ski wake, slightly better fit and finish, and a sportier feel. I don't think you can go wrong either way. I know for a fact that Tige stands behind their boats as does Correct Craft.

Buy the boat that suits your needs and desires best and most importantly, make sure the dealer is good. BTW, my Tige 22V is for sale if interested.....great condition and loaded. Good luck whichever way you go.
Old    taz1            10-22-2005, 10:49 AM Reply   
Jason, what lake is that in your profile pic? Is it Powell. I have wondered how these boats (sv211-22ve)handle on a lake that size in rough water. I've been out there in a small runabout, we were nearly beat to death.
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       10-22-2005, 11:05 AM Reply   
I would have to throw my 2.5 cents in and say you would be doing yourself a dis-service not to include the 215 from Sanger into the mix. The big 3 like to trash talk while those who are in the know, know that Sanger is a serious builder for over 50 years and they don't need pro riders or all the advertising to sell thier boats, end result a better price for you!!
Old     (zeda)      Join Date: Nov 2004       10-23-2005, 7:50 PM Reply   
Robert,

That is Lake Powell. My Tige 22V is great in rough water. I have experienced some pretty nasty water (as most do) in Powell and I never felt like we were in danger. Tiges are very deep boats that feel secure when sitting and riding in them. TAPS is a great feature that enables you to change the position of the boat and does an awesome job with smoothing out a rough ride. We test drove the 211 in pretty choppy conditions at a local lake and I was very impressed with the way it handled. I don't think it will be as good as Tige in that regard, but if you have half a brain, you should be able to avoid dangerous conditions on a lake like Powell in almost any boat. Just know the capabilities of your boat and you should be fine.
Old     (mitchj)      Join Date: Aug 2002       10-23-2005, 8:13 PM Reply   
Not to jack your thread I have no knowledge of the boat you are refering too but for the price you are talking you could get a nice 06 X1 MC this is MCs price point boat for 06 and a proven design as well one of the best wakes ever . Get a hold of Norm aka BIG WORM .on these boards he can give you some numbers .

(Message edited by mitchj on October 23, 2005)