Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through January 12, 2008

Old     (tuckryan)      Join Date: Jun 2006       01-08-2008, 8:53 AM Reply   
I have been looking for a new boat for a while, thought that I had found one then the deal fell through. Anyway, I found a boat in Klamath Falls that I am interested in but I am in Boise. Would anyone be willing to take a look at it for me? I would compensate you in some way for any help! Thanks.
Old     (norcal_wakejunky)      Join Date: Oct 2006       01-08-2008, 9:13 AM Reply   
I used to live there, not sure if I know anyone there that would do me a favor. Did you ask for pics? What boat make is it? I might know who is selling it. Realize that it gets pretty cold there, when you talk with the sellers make sure you find out if it was winterized. That and if the boat was operated on any of the local bodies of water around that area ask if they had any problems with their water intake system because all the local boating areas have problems with thick algae during summer time.
Old     (bstroop)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Athens, Alabama       01-08-2008, 9:19 AM Reply   
I'm there and would be happy to help you out. Let me know the specifics and I'll take a peek. No compensation needed. Post up here or shoot me a pm if you like. I know someone who's selling an older nautique. Is that what you're looking at? We do get some bad algae at times but I wouldn't be overly concerned about it. I just had to take my shower apart to clean out the filter occasionally. Zero pick up, impeller, or engine problems.

(Message edited by bstroop on January 08, 2008)
Old     (norcal_wakejunky)      Join Date: Oct 2006       01-08-2008, 9:19 AM Reply   
Upload

Here is a picture of Klamath Lake, good ol blue green algae
Old     (norcal_wakejunky)      Join Date: Oct 2006       01-08-2008, 9:22 AM Reply   
Brian,
I have seen your boat before, I used to work at the USGS off of Washburn Way. Where do you usually boat at.
Old     (tuckryan)      Join Date: Jun 2006       01-08-2008, 9:28 AM Reply   
Brian,
It actually is a 1995 sport nautique. Do you know the guy? The boat has been winterized and is stored indoors. I would really appreciate it, and appreciate your kindness but please let me get you something for your time and efforts. I am not very mechanically inclined and this is my first venture into a "true" ski boat and just don't want to get into something over my head.
Thanks for the picture of the Algae, good to know. That is crazy, the way I wakeboard I would look like the creature from the green lagoon when I am done for the day! Thanks everyone for your help.

Ryan
Old     (bstroop)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Athens, Alabama       01-08-2008, 9:28 AM Reply   
Topsey, Howard Prarie, and Willow. Shasta on long weekends. I'd like to pull off a move to your area thats for sure, I'd put alot less miles on my truck !!
Old     (bstroop)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Athens, Alabama       01-08-2008, 9:44 AM Reply   
RT,
No I don't know that one. A friend is selling his 78 ski nautique. Give me all the info and I give you honest eval. If you end up buying the boat you can send me a shirt from the Ram or something. I lived in Mtn. Home from 1997-2001 and used to live in Boise on the weekends.

Steve
Klamath Lake is truly won ton soup in the summer, I never get in it. Flowing water at Topsey keeps the algae down to a minimum.
Old     (norcal_wakejunky)      Join Date: Oct 2006       01-08-2008, 10:09 AM Reply   
Topsey is a pretty sweet place to ride if no-one is around. I have seen it when it is busy which is like every weekend, and I always see people being patient to take their passes because it is so narrow in there. I gotta say that area is great for windy days. Have you ever tried Lake Shastina. It is a nice lake, but hit and miss for blown out chop.

I used to work on Klamath Lake from spring till the end of summer. It has a few spots that are nice but the algae is horrible not to mention the average depth of 6-8ft. I always wanted to have a home with a dock along Lakeshore Dr. but if I owned a boat out there without a depth finder, yiiiiikes!
Old     (norcal_wakejunky)      Join Date: Oct 2006       01-08-2008, 10:11 AM Reply   
I would be nice if they dredged Topsey a little deeper in the area next to the motocross track and and put a small ski/wakeboard competition lake in there. Keno is not really the best area for gathering spectators but it would be sweet.
Old     (tuckryan)      Join Date: Jun 2006       01-08-2008, 10:14 AM Reply   
Brian,
Thanks buddy. I will send you the info later on today. The boat is a 1995 Sport Nautique with about 400 hours on it. The fellow that is selling it is actually working in Eugene at the moment but his wife still lives in Klamath Falls. He has the digital camera with him up North so I have only seen 1 picture of the boat. The one picture looked good but was of the exterior of the boat so I haven't seen what kind of shape the interior is in. He is the original owner and it sounds like he has taken care of it, always stored indoors etc. I really appreciate it, I'll owe you big time. Thanks.

Ryan
Old     (bstroop)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Athens, Alabama       01-08-2008, 10:25 AM Reply   
I've been to Shastina a few times it's just not a regular trip. I here you about Topsey being crowded in the summer. We usually hit it after work during the week but went to Shasta on the weekends. We usually ride year round in drysuits and like the wind block that Topsey provides. We don't ever have to share it off season. I'd really like to see Euwana dredged. There starting the Hotel there on the bank and have done a lot of work to Veterans park. That could be a nice spot it someone added a resteraunt/pub there and a real dock. I'm tired of fighting with the Euwana rowers to ski the one channel there. Even in the best conditions I cant go in Klamath lake. I'm a hydrofoiler and cant risk riding in that shallow water. I'm the only one out of my group who hasn't hit a submerged object, knock on wood, yet.
Old     (norcal_wakejunky)      Join Date: Oct 2006       01-08-2008, 10:42 AM Reply   
See to me Lake Euwana seems nasty, I used to give it the nickname 'poop soup' because the sewage treatment facility and ponds sit right next to it. I see what you are saying about the Veterans park area. That would be nice.

If you can still launch on the Williamson River, I remember that river stretch from the launch by a RV park to the mouth of Klamath Lake to be really nice. Deep, clean, but cooold! The water was always calm also. It is a little bit of a drive but probably equal distance to Topsey.
Old     (bstphen24)      Join Date: Apr 2006       01-08-2008, 3:55 PM Reply   
I lived down there for a few years, and might know the people that are selling the Nautique. The people I know had a sport nautique, just not sure of the year. Send me a PM of the name and I might be able to help you out.
Old     (tuckryan)      Join Date: Jun 2006       01-08-2008, 5:25 PM Reply   
Brian,
I just talked to the owner, his wife is at home most of the time so she should be able to show the boat to you. What is your work schedule like? Is there a good time for you that I could set up? My email is tuckryan@yahoo.com, drop me a line and I'll get you the address and make sure the time works for them also. Thanks buddy.

Ryan
Old     (bstroop)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Athens, Alabama       01-08-2008, 5:49 PM Reply   
RT,
I just sent you an email before I checked here. I can go look at it anytime you like. Gimme a call
Old     (greg2)      Join Date: May 2002       01-08-2008, 9:19 PM Reply   
RT, I've got a good friend down there that would probably take a look at it for you...send me an e mail and I'll get the 2 of you linked up.
Old     (tuckryan)      Join Date: Jun 2006       01-09-2008, 8:22 PM Reply   
Guys thanks so much for all the help. Brian has graciously agreed to look at the boat for me. I am really hoping this works out as I have been looking for a while. If any of you are ever in Boise hit me up and we'll head up to the lake! Thanks.

Ryan
Old     (tuckryan)      Join Date: Jun 2006       01-09-2008, 8:24 PM Reply   
Bstphen,
The guys name is actually Rob. Thanks for the email and offer to help.