Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old     (andrewjet)      Join Date: Jan 2003       06-08-2011, 10:51 AM Reply   
Hey guys..I need a answer for this one. Im a solid basic rider no big tricks but Im haveing problems on my heelside egde. When I cut out heelside I cut out low and hard with a lot of line tension..but then my left foot and tip gets this bouncing up and down and I cant seem to get it to stop?? I have tried and put more weight on each foot to stop it but it the harder I edge out the more it bounces?? I did change over for my old heavy Parks board to his new Carbon special edition Ibex last year and Its light as a feather 12-13lbs? not sure if its from the light board or something Im doing? What do you think and thanks for your help? Jet
Old     (andrewjet)      Join Date: Jan 2003       06-08-2011, 10:58 AM Reply   
Oops. Im left foot foreward and it only happens on the edge out from wake to the passenger side of the boat. Heres a pic of my approach to the otherside of the wake.
Attached Images

Old     (seth)      Join Date: Sep 2002       06-08-2011, 11:27 AM Reply   
Looks to me like you are leaning way to far back. See how your arms are straight out in the picture and nose is not even close to the water. Keep your arms bent and get over the board on your approach. Youve got about 90% of your weight on your back foot. Check out this picture of proper edging technique by my buddy Steve. Look at his bent arms and board almost flat on the water. His weight is about 60/40 back to front and he is standing over the board. Think about it like this: If you let go of the rope during your cut what would happen? You would immediately edge out falling backwards, where he would continue coasting on through. You will get much better vertical pop with proper edging technique as well. Hopefully that helps.
Attached Images

Old     (andrewjet)      Join Date: Jan 2003       06-08-2011, 2:21 PM Reply   
I understand what your saying..but Im only 8-10' into me edging picking up line tension and speed and then I will stand tall when I get to the wake.. your buddy is on his way up the wake already.
Old     (seth)      Join Date: Sep 2002       06-08-2011, 4:18 PM Reply   
Yes he is on his way up the wake, but he is still holding the same edge as when he started his cut. You dont want to stand tall until you are leaving the wake to get that straight up pop. If you have proper edging technique you wont need to come screaming into the wake to clear it. But forget the pic and work on the other stuff. Arms bent, body over the board, more weight on front foot.

Last edited by seth; 06-08-2011 at 4:23 PM.
Old     (andrewjet)      Join Date: Jan 2003       06-09-2011, 7:15 AM Reply   
That is LAUNCH mode..into the flats!! My toeside is the softer of the two w2w only, cant hit the flats there yet.