Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Other Water Sports > Hydrofoiling

Old                08-20-2004, 9:26 PM Reply   
I am just starting out on hydrofoiling and I have only ridden the Air Chair. Can anyone explain the difference between the two, and also which one is the best to get. One that you won't grow out of too fast.
Thank you
Old     (goochy)      Join Date: Feb 2002       08-21-2004, 12:06 PM Reply   
I have owned both, great skis. The newer stealth is good, they say the new 2004 stealth is better. ( new ft foil ) . I had a 2001 stealth , it rode good hurt my back sometimes, I found it for $500 .00 sold it for $600.00 Now I have a 2004 sky ski Pro ST with the shock tower The newer sky ski are VERY different than the older skis, I love my new 04 ss pro st. The shock tower really helps out . The new ss is alot faster than the old ss. I rode my friends older ss (2001 ) And it was alot slower and heavy feeling copared to the new ss. Try not to buy the old ac power coated foil, they are not that good . I love hydrofoiling, its so much fun. I have been foiling 2 summers now. I would get the new 2004 sky ski pro st if I was going to get a new ski. The ss rides smoother, all my jumps got higher, all my tricks got better. Good luck, both are good skis, but the ss made me alt better rider quick. All my friends tell me how good i have done on the new ski, plus the pics do not lie.
Old     (goochy)      Join Date: Feb 2002       08-21-2004, 12:10 PM Reply   
one more pic , here is a lazyboy, you let go put hands behind your head then grab the handle again !!!!!!! the ac has no shock tower and the sky ski has a shock tower. The sky ski saved my back, and its a great riding ski.

(Message edited by goochy on August 21, 2004)
Old                08-21-2004, 1:55 PM Reply   
Thank you!
Old     (magic)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-23-2004, 5:22 PM Reply   
They are like Coke and Pepsi, samething but different people perfer one over the other.

I'd say that the Skyski is a lot more cortibile to ride. You use your legs and arms mostly. On an Airchair it is a bit of a different motion to ride, jump and flip on them. A lot more back and sholders are required.

I've been on about every ski out there (less the carbon Skyski) and love my Skyski over any Airchair I've ever been on.
Old                08-24-2004, 2:50 PM Reply   
I'm sorry, but I cannot jump on this band wagon.

If you are only foiling glass, either one is great.

Sky Ski handles rough water much better. I worked with Bambi and Bob to get my AC, in advanced configuration, working well in "normal" water. Glass is reserved for the water skis.

I just was not satisfied with the rough water ride in the avanced position.

Tuned my own Sky Ski and have no problems.