Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old     (razorjaw)      Join Date: Jan 2003 Location: Australia       03-02-2008, 11:06 PM Reply   
Hi I'm just trying front flips but I keep going to revert. I'm landing on the board but its so square to the boat that I let go in fear that I'll catch front edge. Any ideas? I'll try to get one on film if possible.
Old     (aussie_stu)      Join Date: Sep 2002       03-03-2008, 11:58 AM Reply   
maybe try riding in that dress again, it might help

J/K
Old     (razorjaw)      Join Date: Jan 2003 Location: Australia       03-03-2008, 1:16 PM Reply   
HA! I was posting here so I could bust this one out on Gunna without him knowing! shhh.... BTW, you got any hints?
Old     (bbr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-03-2008, 2:51 PM Reply   
It sounds like you might be pulling in on the handle when you flip. When you leave the wake, lift up your front knee and drop your front ear to your front shoulder. You ideally want to cartwheel around the handle. Just make sure not to pull the handle as you will normally square up to the boat. I hope that helps. Good luck!
Old     (aussie_stu)      Join Date: Sep 2002       03-03-2008, 10:24 PM Reply   
as badboy said, sounds like your pulling the handle in to help initiate the flip, try to lock it to your front hip and even drop your backhand as you come round for the landing
Old     (razorjaw)      Join Date: Jan 2003 Location: Australia       03-04-2008, 2:42 AM Reply   
Sweet! I was giving the handle an almighty yank, and was also landing 2 handed. Will give it a go on Thursday.
Old     (aussie_stu)      Join Date: Sep 2002       03-04-2008, 3:20 PM Reply   
luck with it will, I've been practicing tanny's to fakie on the tramp, think I can feel that soon...........
Old     (razorjaw)      Join Date: Jan 2003 Location: Australia       03-05-2008, 3:47 AM Reply   
I like the way you think...they've been suggested to me on several occasions...
Old     (aussie_stu)      Join Date: Sep 2002       03-05-2008, 5:20 PM Reply   
feels cool, just goptta leave the 180 late or it messe up your flip something cronic
Old     (razorjaw)      Join Date: Jan 2003 Location: Australia       03-08-2008, 9:15 PM Reply   

OK, after them feeling really good, I'm disappointed with how they look. Its a horrible mix of a frantrum with the handle over the head. Very messy. Oh, and the first trick was a very reduced speed whirly attempt. This is tough as we're about to have winter and I don't feel like wiping myself out on a new trick in cold water.
Old     (aussie_stu)      Join Date: Sep 2002       03-08-2008, 9:38 PM Reply   
water looks good
Old     (nickwakeninja)      Join Date: Nov 2007       03-12-2008, 11:00 PM Reply   
hey man make sure your not tryin to flip directly sideways and that you need to flip somewhat towards the boat at a small angle. keep that edge all the way through. you'll get it
Old     (lfadam)      Join Date: Nov 2008       11-23-2008, 3:22 PM Reply   
Im having some trouble on these too. My seasons done but I stopped trying them a while ago anyways cuz I felt like I stopped making progress. The first and fourth attempts are garbage but I feel like the third was pretty good. I just open up a little bit too and cant get it all the way around. Funny things happen with the handle too. It seems to get jerked out of my hands half way through or at least my front hand.
Old     (hawaiianstiln)      Join Date: Oct 2004       12-12-2008, 9:51 AM Reply   
as you release off the top of the wake, I would focus on what BBR said. Pull your knee up and throw the side of your head into your knee. I've never hit my head with my knee (hopefully never), but it works for most that way. I always keep that handle stuck in the middle of my stomach and DO NOT move it until you land in the flats.