Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 11, 2007

Old     (jmiahhenry)      Join Date: May 2007       06-24-2007, 12:12 AM Reply   
Hey guys and gals..I have been looking into Tidal Audio towers and for the speakers in my boat. What do you guys think of em. If you have never heard of em check out tidalaudio.com

Thanks
Old     (dadthedriver)      Join Date: Jul 2004       06-24-2007, 6:18 AM Reply   
Tidal Rocks. We have them on our Malibu. Everybody who hears them talk about how crisp and clean they are no matter how high we crank it up.
Old     (jmiahhenry)      Join Date: May 2007       06-24-2007, 8:59 PM Reply   
What exactly do you have?
Old     (ponte_06_x2)      Join Date: Jan 2006       06-24-2007, 10:35 PM Reply   
jeremiah. you will love the nvs 1010"s or the addictions. i know there's other tower setups but nothing is as loud and clear as the nvs set up. i saw that you were from modesto. if you have a chance ill be at new malone's for the week of the fourth. you are more than welcome to listen to my boat. let me know. late
Old     (jmiahhenry)      Join Date: May 2007       06-24-2007, 11:24 PM Reply   
I have heard a few NVS systems my fav is out of Manteca, he had two 1010"s and they were so well EQed that in the boat it was not load but sounded clean and out about 120' they sounded even better. The guy works at a shop in Manteca, that does marine audio installs. Not sure his name.

I am definitely considering the 1010 and the addictions. But I know that Tidal Audio does some super sick stuff. I mean crazy!
Old     (jmiahhenry)      Join Date: May 2007       06-25-2007, 11:22 PM Reply   
anyone else
Old     (batman)      Join Date: Nov 2001       06-27-2007, 8:43 PM Reply   
Tidal Audio is some of the loudest and clearest stuff out there. They have teamed up with MB boats and all I can say is wow!
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       06-27-2007, 10:28 PM Reply   
Tidal of Modesto did the install on my buddies X45 with their custom branded amps. It's interesting how the sound moves around the boat as the amps shut off and come back on. Can't say much positive about them based on my buddies system.
Old     (domin8)      Join Date: Mar 2004       06-27-2007, 11:21 PM Reply   
Tidal installed Kicker L7 12 subs w/ amp and 2 remotes two seasons ago for us and we have had no problems with them. Very reliable.
Old     (derf1956)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-28-2007, 5:45 AM Reply   
I have the Octopus and 6 TP6.5 in my boat along with a TP480.4 and TP1100.6 amps running it all. The tower set is on the fader so I don't blow the passengers out but the music is clear @ 70' while on the rope. I also love the "custom factory" look of the matched gel coat. Check my profile pic
Old     (dadthedriver)      Join Date: Jul 2004       06-28-2007, 1:33 PM Reply   
Wow they shut off? The 4 I have in my boat dont shut off unless I turn them off. Being the Electrical Engineer that you are I would think you would have solved that problem for you friend.
Old     (jmiahhenry)      Join Date: May 2007       06-28-2007, 1:54 PM Reply   
Wow fred looks really cool. Are you from Modesto or did you here about them through some one?
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       06-28-2007, 4:44 PM Reply   
Ben, yes they shut off. I'm an EE and I could to re-do the system for him but he paid over $3k for a couple amps, a single Rubicon 450, and a ported 12" sub. so I think they should fix it for him. Last time out, he told me they were going out on his boat to get it fixed.

I did look around long enough to see what the problem is. The amp mounting location was very poor, in the bottom of the bow storage where they get no air circulation and they are subject to getting wet. It's the same space where he puts waterskis and wakeboards in excess of the tower's capacity. The power wiring used is borderline too small contributing to the heat issues. The sub was phase cancelling the stock sub until I tuned it. After spending about an hour tweaking the system it sounded 100% better than it did when he picked up the boat. I was able to help mitigate some of the amplifier shutoff issues by adjusting the gains.