Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (VinnyA)      Join Date: Aug 2011       08-30-2016, 6:43 PM Reply   
Old     (cheesydog)      Join Date: Mar 2009       08-30-2016, 8:15 PM Reply   
Damn!! Deano is killing it! Dude is getting stronger as he gets older. Those double up hits...
Old     (Talonsorensen)      Join Date: Apr 2012 Location: Gig harbor Washington       08-30-2016, 9:33 PM Reply   
My jaw literally dropped when I saw this edit early today!
Old     (Jmaxymek)      Join Date: Feb 2012       08-31-2016, 12:59 AM Reply   
Yeah absolutely nuts. He's what 33 now? So awesome
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       08-31-2016, 6:53 AM Reply   
STANDING OVATION
Wow! Always impressive to see an edit come out with Dean.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       08-31-2016, 8:12 AM Reply   
I agree. He made a push to improve this year and it worked. He's riding hard.
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-31-2016, 8:27 AM Reply   
It is so rare to see guys hit double ups now, so I get so stoked seeing Dean going huge off of some massive double ups.
Old     (scooterinsk)      Join Date: Jul 2016       08-31-2016, 8:30 AM Reply   
Wow! I've rewatched a few times already, so good.
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       08-31-2016, 9:15 AM Reply   
Absolutely awesome and the track is perfect for it as well.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       08-31-2016, 10:23 AM Reply   
Rider of the Year right there. Hot Damn that was amazing!
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       08-31-2016, 10:29 AM Reply   
holy crap.
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       08-31-2016, 11:57 AM Reply   
Dang! I hope Deano has a good relationship with his chiropractor!
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       08-31-2016, 12:11 PM Reply   
boom!!
Old     (razorjaw)      Join Date: Jan 2003 Location: Australia       08-31-2016, 3:51 PM Reply   
That's the kind of vid that gets you stoked to get out on the water and charge every trick!! Great vid Deano (and thanks to Aaron Rathy for putting it together I believe?)
Old     (nickfernandez00)      Join Date: May 2015       08-31-2016, 6:17 PM Reply   
Those 10's were nuts
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       08-31-2016, 6:47 PM Reply   
It appears some sects of wakeboarding have not grown since 2008.

I had to turn it off after 27 seconds.
Old     (TTyler89)      Join Date: Jun 2015       08-31-2016, 8:37 PM Reply   
^^^^ And cue Captain Buzzkill. That is one sick section. Well done Deano.
Old     (MCObray)      Join Date: Mar 2013       08-31-2016, 8:41 PM Reply   
Straight bangers. That was a killer edit and awesome riding. +1 for Dean on Rider of the Year.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       08-31-2016, 9:28 PM Reply   
I keep watching it over and over just to watch the double grab, poked back 7.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-31-2016, 10:27 PM Reply   
Even though its more fun to watch it slow motion, I think slow motion fails to show how hard a guy has to work his as$ off just to complete any of that in real time. Its pretty amazing. Great edit.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       09-01-2016, 3:28 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTyler89 View Post
^^^^ And cue Captain Buzzkill. That is one sick section. Well done Deano.
Yup captain buzz kill, that's me.

Yea it's impressive but there's nothing ground breaking here. It's the same top 10 dudes doing the same top 10 tricks the same way and it all looks the same and gets edited the same and have songs that sound the same or are the same. Video section of the year? Hardly.

It blows my mind that this gets a thread while something like graydon's ala-cruzin and the coalition edits get lost.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       09-01-2016, 6:30 AM Reply   
I guess I don't look at it that way. What gets me through a section is seeing the rider NOT do all the same tricks they did in their last section. If you're not doing anything new, I'll hit stop, Sure some of his staple tricks were in their like his signature roll to revert, Crow, and back five. I say signature because he does them into the flats. And he added a bunch of new stuff, and made a few tricks his own like the double grab back 1 and the back 7.

To each their own. If it didn't do it for you, that's cool. But the camera angles are a bit different. Like in the Rusty production, Rathy is capturing a few different angles and I'm digging it. I found some of it to be fresh.
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       09-01-2016, 6:44 AM Reply   
That angle on the last hit is amazing. Makes you feel like he is right there in front of you as he lines up that double. REALLY liked that.
Old     (iShredSAN)      Join Date: Apr 2012       09-01-2016, 8:35 AM Reply   
1:40 ftw. wow
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       09-01-2016, 8:44 AM Reply   
I thought this video was awesome. Have watched it now about 10 times.
I find the Game of WAKE between Dowdy & Teunissen to be on another level.
And the G wakes on both videos are just stupid huge.
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       09-01-2016, 8:55 AM Reply   
Regardless of the tricks done the amplitude of most of them is awesome. Better then wake to wake footage any day. I've always loved Rusty's, Aarons, Randall, and now apparently Deans riding because of how big these guys take their tricks.

But you're right.....nothing to see here.
Attached Images

Old     (stevo8290)      Join Date: Sep 2008       09-01-2016, 1:10 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplej View Post

Yea it's impressive but there's nothing ground breaking here. It's the same top 10 dudes doing the same top 10 tricks the same way and it all looks the same and gets edited the same and have songs that sound the same or are the same. Video section of the year? Hardly.

It blows my mind that this gets a thread while something like graydon's ala-cruzin and the coalition edits get lost.

Really
Old     (razorjaw)      Join Date: Jan 2003 Location: Australia       09-01-2016, 6:34 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by iShredSAN View Post
1:40 ftw. wow
Ditto! Seriously loved those angles almost inside the doubleup. You get a real idea of just how big everything (the wake, the double, Deano) actually is!
Old     (mike2001)      Join Date: Feb 2008       09-01-2016, 7:59 PM Reply   
Quote:

I can agree on the song. But overall fun video, gets me excited to ride. Rather than just bash the quality, post up some of your own riding. It sounds like you have pretty high standards and I'm sure those translate into your own riding and film editing. Add some value to the site instead of just trolling on other videos.
Old     (cheesydog)      Join Date: Mar 2009       09-01-2016, 8:42 PM Reply   
Quote:

Graydon has insane style but I really don't what that has to do with this edit. What has always set Dean apart is his combination of tech and taking it ridiculously huge, something he also brings to contests.

I just don't see how any rider wouldn't get stoked on that edit. One of the best riders of all time in my view.
Old     (stevo8290)      Join Date: Sep 2008       09-02-2016, 7:06 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike2001 View Post
I can agree on the song. But overall fun video, gets me excited to ride. Rather than just bash the quality, post up some of your own riding. It sounds like you have pretty high standards and I'm sure those translate into your own riding and film editing. Add some value to the site instead of just trolling on other videos.

+1 for seeing simplej's stuff. Lets see it bud!!!! show us your groundbreaking maneuvers!!!!!!
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       09-02-2016, 9:21 AM Reply   
Wahhhhh someone on the internet disagrees with my opinion.

I never said it wasn't impressive and if I could do 10's I would be on tour. Obviously. I am not discrediting Dean's riding which is especially impressive at his age. I respect his abilities and putting his body on the line but....

My issue with it is that is more of the SAME stuff. I can barely differentiate between this and any other run of the mill contest level riding. Except this isn't a contest. These kinds of edits just don't do it for me. If I wanted to watch that I would go to a contest. I have seen so many contest runs or equivalent riding at this point that this kind of riding has just become normal. Vanilla. If you want me to go a step further...

It is my opinion that Wakeboarding is reaching the impasse snowboarding hit when it began it's decline 7/8 years ago. Too many rotations. Too many flips. Too much neon. Not enough grass roots riders defining the sport.

What graydon/coalition etc edits have to do with it (to me) is that it gives a clear picture of the state of wakeboarding (see above) and the direction core riders want it go vs the direction energy drinks and kent sports want it to go.

You all have yours, this is my .02.

Last edited by simplej; 09-02-2016 at 9:26 AM. Reason: Boy I am getting cynical in my ripe old age...
Old     (theloungelife)      Join Date: Jun 2012 Location: Salt Lake City, UT       09-02-2016, 9:36 AM Reply   
I thought the edit was sick for amplitude and some of the rewind tricks. I agree the song wasn't the best though.

It's funny seeing the debate on here. I think what's happening is the sport has it's unique styles/terrain now. Some people relate to boat more. Some relate to cable more. I know for me, I'd love to ride more cable, but it isn't accessible. Closest 2.0 is 3.5 hours away. Closest 5 tower is 10. Boating is 35 mins away. For that reason I was stoked to see Dean killing it. His amplitude is inspirational. Sure I probably prefer Twelker etc when it comes to style, but still sick.
Old     (VinnyA)      Join Date: Aug 2011       09-03-2016, 11:48 AM Reply   
I actually dug the song. Matched his intensity.

If the problem is about this getting posted while other ***** didn't...then post it.
Anything is better than the 1000 "I need help picking a board" threads that appear on WW every d@mn day.
Old     (cheesydog)      Join Date: Mar 2009       09-05-2016, 2:06 AM Reply   
Quote:
Wahhhhh someone on the internet disagrees with my opinion.

I never said it wasn't impressive and if I could do 10's I would be on tour. Obviously. I am not discrediting Dean's riding which is especially impressive at his age. I respect his abilities and putting his body on the line but....

My issue with it is that is more of the SAME stuff. I can barely differentiate between this and any other run of the mill contest level riding. Except this isn't a contest. These kinds of edits just don't do it for me. If I wanted to watch that I would go to a contest. I have seen so many contest runs or equivalent riding at this point that this kind of riding has just become normal. Vanilla. If you want me to go a step further...

It is my opinion that Wakeboarding is reaching the impasse snowboarding hit when it began it's decline 7/8 years ago. Too many rotations. Too many flips. Too much neon. Not enough grass roots riders defining the sport.

What graydon/coalition etc edits have to do with it (to me) is that it gives a clear picture of the state of wakeboarding (see above) and the direction core riders want it go vs the direction energy drinks and kent sports want it to go.

You all have yours, this is my .02.
I think you have some valid points in the snowboard comparison. I just really disagree this looks even remotely like a contest run. Unless it was a double up, or best trick comp.
Old     (80AM)      Join Date: Apr 2016       09-13-2016, 8:00 AM Reply   
Ok, what kind of ballast bag is that in the bow of that G23 at 1:53? I must know
Old     (lucas200397)      Join Date: Aug 2013       09-14-2016, 2:43 AM Reply   
believe this is the bag in question.....https://www.wakemakers.com/ronix-eig...800-floor.html