Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 28, 2009

Old     (radikal)      Join Date: Feb 2004       07-21-2009, 11:27 AM Reply   
Hey guys i saw this message yesterday on my screen,
ENG FAULT, service required. After i went to my services option and to see the error codes i saw one it was something like : Temp sensor, ground voltage or low voltage ......

You guys think its something bad or it can wait a bit before bringing it to the dealer ??
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       07-21-2009, 11:31 AM Reply   
I believe that's the sensor for the catalytic converter. If so, it can wait. Those sensors aren't the most rugged pieces of equipment on the boat! Just hit E! :-)
Old     (radikal)      Join Date: Feb 2004       07-21-2009, 11:35 AM Reply   
hahahah yeah i did hit E about 10 times yesterday

when this screen turns on ? did my cruise control turn off automaticly ? not sure i didnt test ....
Old     (jon_a)      Join Date: Feb 2003       07-21-2009, 11:38 AM Reply   
Please do not do as responded. It needs to be taken to an Indmar certified dealer to have the code checked. This sounds like it may be one of the POST CAT Temp sensors that were going bad last year. If so, your dealer can upload a code to your ECM to stop that from popping up. They will also need to replace those sensors with a new type. Simply hitting a button for it to go away temporarily will not help anything.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       07-21-2009, 11:42 AM Reply   
Yeah, obviously you want to get it checked out and fixed as soon as you can. I'm just saying that if you're out on the water, it's no reason to load up the boat and go home. And I think it does mess with the cruise control, so another reason to get it taken care of ASAP.
Old     (radikal)      Join Date: Feb 2004       07-21-2009, 11:48 AM Reply   
well, ok i think im going to have this fix the fastest i can, i hope my dealer have some open spots for me soon.
Old     (wakeride26)      Join Date: Dec 2006       07-21-2009, 12:08 PM Reply   
If it is low voltage, you need to run the boat for a while without any of your accessories on and then cycle through the engine stop and start process three times. If the code quits popping up on the screen it was low voltage. The voltage alarm going off is fairly common as well.
Old     (michridr69)      Join Date: Dec 2008       07-21-2009, 12:25 PM Reply   
hahahahaha bro my 08 lsv does that 5 times a day!! haha i took in in 3 times and it just comes back, dont worry about it
Old     (michridr69)      Join Date: Dec 2008       07-21-2009, 12:27 PM Reply   
i was running my boat at 25 for like 30 mins and it just goes crazy
Old     (hehateme)      Join Date: Sep 2008       07-21-2009, 7:50 PM Reply   
My 08 LSV started doing it after the malibu techs did the upgrade. Boat ran fine. I just took it in today.
Old     (radikal)      Join Date: Feb 2004       07-21-2009, 10:37 PM Reply   
Martin does it reset your cruise control everytime it was poping up ??
Old     (johnny_jr)      Join Date: Mar 2006       07-22-2009, 8:37 AM Reply   
My 07 LSV shows this after a long day of pounding the system. In my case the fault that applies is the last "low voltage" You may see it as 1 fault, but in fact it is 3 "Temp sensor, ground voltage or low voltage" each of the 3 can have multiple reasons for the fault. Only a cefti. Indmar tech can debug this and find the actual cause.

Did the fault show as an "active" or "inactive" fault in the system menu? If inactive, don't take it in, just reset and see what happens, if it's an active fault, take it in.

A couple weeks back I check my diag menu after my engine was studering, All faults were inactive I changed the plugs, added fuel boost and cleared the codes, 2 trips out since and no codes.

This is how it was explained to me by an Indmar/Merc Tech, I think I re-ittereated it properly.
Old     (reconabe)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-22-2009, 9:14 AM Reply   
I agree with jon that is what happened to our 08 vlx last season. I just had to pull it down to the shop and have them upload the right setting.

otherwise it will put you in safe mode, and it will drive crappy and keep beeping at you
Old     (radikal)      Join Date: Feb 2004       07-22-2009, 10:50 AM Reply   
ok so if i have the moonson 340 i can go to any indmar dealer repair ? i dont need to go to a malibu dealer ??
Old     (reconabe)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-22-2009, 11:12 AM Reply   
any indmar I beleive