Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 21, 2008

Old     (spencer3840)      Join Date: May 2005       02-05-2008, 12:15 PM Reply   
Couple of questions before I do it.
I heard that is is illegal to use blue in your boat?
Can you put led's behind all the guages?
What kind of shops usually do this type of install? and price range to have all the guages, cup holders and various lights around the boat?
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       02-05-2008, 1:19 PM Reply   
You can put blue inside the boat but not on the tower. Go to superbrightleds.com and check out what they have to offer. You can hook several LED's to replace your existing lighting and still draw less current. If I were you I'd do the install yourself.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       02-05-2008, 5:28 PM Reply   
I just went to walmart and picked up the LED's they sell in the auto/trailer dept.
they have little screw holes drilled and each set had 3 bulbs...worked really well
Old     (shawnk)      Join Date: Jan 2005       02-05-2008, 5:56 PM Reply   
I like these guys, http://www.kmtparts.com/ Good price, fast shipping, great customer service. Just my two cents.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       02-05-2008, 6:31 PM Reply   
the red are walmart LED's..blue are neon bars from where-ever... the really bright on in the front has been moved, it was too much there, but everything was only like 50 bucks
Upload
Old     (spencer3840)      Join Date: May 2005       02-05-2008, 10:09 PM Reply   
Do most stereo shops install led lights?
Old     (2007_x2)      Join Date: May 2007       02-05-2008, 10:43 PM Reply   
im dropping off my boat at Neptunes Marine Audio thursday to get LED's in the cupholders and under the swim platform. i will post some pics when i get it back. contact jim or charles at www.teamneptunes.com or give them a call at (209)466-8863 they are located in stockton, CA
Old     (radikal)      Join Date: Feb 2004       02-06-2008, 11:17 AM Reply   
Mike just for information not that i want to go there because i am from montreal, but a project like that installed cost approx how much if you dont mind to answer.... if not i'll understand
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       02-07-2008, 9:58 AM Reply   
Wiring in the LED's is easy. I just wired in to the interior lights. Cut out the stock light and twist in the LED.
Old     (newty)      Join Date: May 2005       02-07-2008, 10:58 AM Reply   
Do them your self, its way easy and if you need help you have WW for tech support.
I've used owl lighting, good guys to deal with and easy to use quality LED.
http://www.owllighting.com/
Old     (tparider)      Join Date: Aug 2003       02-07-2008, 2:04 PM Reply   
Yep, it's easy to install yourself - don't waste your money on getting them done at a shop unless you want like 50 of them in your boat!! Hook up to existing courtesy lighting and run some wire. Easy as pie.

Good links posted above - www.led-concepts.com has some good LEDs too.