Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through October 28, 2007

Old     (wake1823)      Join Date: Dec 2005       09-24-2007, 7:56 AM Reply   
I'm having to swap out my HU and am limited to only sony products, I'm not a huge fan of sony HU's but what models are worth even taking a look at. They must have (marine) remote capability.
Old     (atropine)      Join Date: Aug 2004       09-24-2007, 8:59 AM Reply   
I just bought a CDX-81UW, probably for the same reasons as you (wanted to retain use of my Sony remotes). I haven't received it yet, but it looks like it will be OK. It has a motorized face, USB and aux inputs on the front, 3 sets of 4V RCA pre-amp outputs, compatible with Sony's iPod adapter, and is supposed to work with the remotes. I paid $168 delivered to my door for a brand new unit off e-bay. Like I said I haven't installed it yet (it will be a few weeks still) but when I am done I will post a report. I'm adding a bunch of other stuff and I am going to re-wire the power and ground sources to the unit to prevent any chance of engine noise in the stereo system. If you don't care about iPod adapter capability, you can get a unit that is a couple years old (my original 2004 head unit works just fine with the 2 remotes). But for iPod adapter compatibility, you need a head unit that is 2006 or newer.
Old     (wake1823)      Join Date: Dec 2005       09-24-2007, 11:21 AM Reply   
I can't find that model number, are you sure that's the correct one? you have a link?
Old     (salomon16)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-25-2007, 1:02 PM Reply   
Look at the older CDX-MP80 or CDX-MP70. I run the MP70 in my boat for the remotes just like you. The CD is actually a tray that comes out like a computer which helps with skipping. The SQ is good, it has higher voltage pre-outs than most Sony's and good reliability. I've been using and abusing mine for 3 years in my boat now, and I bought it used on Ebay. The only drawbacks are that its a sony, its older so ipod adapters/sat radio stuff doesn't work well if at all. But it does have an RCA aux for my ipod. Apparently you can still buy them new I just googled it..

http://www.radiomancaraudio.com/Sony-CD-Players.htm
Old     (atropine)      Join Date: Aug 2004       09-26-2007, 12:08 PM Reply   
Sorry; it is the CDX-gt81uw
Old     (bob)      Join Date: Feb 2001       09-27-2007, 12:19 AM Reply   
CDX-F7710 is what I have but my main complaint is that the display is very hard to read in direct sunlight. I chose this one specifically because I did not want a motorized face in a water environment, it has 3 X 4v preouts, plays mp3's, works with the unilink, and has an aux input for player.