Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (closedtoe)      Join Date: Jan 2007       01-27-2007, 8:44 AM Reply   
I am looking for a good wakesurfer for a range of sizes between 90 and 180 pounds. I have been looking at the liquid force brigade 5'0 or the Obrien Alias 5'0. Which board is faster? Which board would give the most room to progress?

Thanks for the help
Colin
Old     (closedtoe)      Join Date: Jan 2007       01-27-2007, 7:21 PM Reply   
Which board would be best suited for wakesurfing behind a Bu wakesetter 23 lsv
Old    surfdad            01-28-2007, 5:27 AM Reply   
It would be hard to make a boat specific board recommendation due to all the variables in creating a wake.

Colin, if you are TRULY limiting yourself to these two choices then I would recommend the LF above the O'brien. I do want to make sure that I personally don't like either board and there are better options from other manufacturers, specifically those from wakesurf specific board manufacturers.

The Alias, in my opinion, is a poor attempt at copying some of the design elements of skimboard style wakesurfers.

The LF offers a bit more flexibility with fin configuration, such that removing trailing fins can offer a looser feel, or you can leave all four in for more stability for newbies. As such, I would think would offer greater potential to advance, HOWEVER, it will not take you as far as some other boards.

IMO, the LF is slightly faster down the line than the o'brien.
Old     (closedtoe)      Join Date: Jan 2007       01-29-2007, 8:31 AM Reply   
What board would you recommend? I wanted to get a inland surfer yellow loogey or 4 skim but theyre more $$. Is there any boards that are cheap and are better than the liquid force brigade and Obrien alias?
Old     (closedtoe)      Join Date: Jan 2007       01-29-2007, 8:34 AM Reply   
300 $$ is my budget
Old     (cyclonesurfer)      Join Date: Dec 2006       01-29-2007, 12:59 PM Reply   
Try ebay for good deals on inland surfers
Old     (goatroper222000)      Join Date: Dec 2006       01-30-2007, 4:28 PM Reply   
Unless you have to get a "new" board, put a post up for used boards. Theres always a good deal out there somewhere. I just picked up a IS Orange Phlegm for $150.
Old     (gti2lo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       01-31-2007, 10:12 AM Reply   
I have a o'brian alias... hard to free ride behind our X-1... mind you we aren't loading it down with 2000 lbs.. was only stock ballast and 3 guys...

Plus I am new... so it's a tough call.