Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 17, 2007

Old     (krisz)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-02-2007, 8:09 AM Reply   
Hey guys!I just got my Roswell tower installed on my new boat.Now i need a mirror.Wich one would you get tower vs. windshield mounted?The tower is 2 3/8".
Thanks

Upload
Old     (ryan27r)      Join Date: Oct 2006       06-02-2007, 8:35 AM Reply   
Tower mount you don't have to take it off for putting the cover plus imo it's great placement.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-02-2007, 8:40 AM Reply   
I went through the same debate
I talked to a few guys that have a tower mount mirror....the negative is that:

...on a windshield mount you actually turn your head and look into the mirror...this keeps the field of vision(s) completely seperate

...on a tower mount you just dart your eyes...the mirror is in your field of vision

the guys that I talked to that wanted to keep a windshield mount said that with the tower mount they weren't able to keep as good an eye on the "road"....cause the mirror shared the line of sight

hope that makes sense

I haven't used a tower mount, I just went by what some folks had experienced
Old     (billspin)      Join Date: Aug 2004       06-02-2007, 9:37 AM Reply   
I have used both. I have the Sampson Tower mount with the Cipa mirror.
http://www.samsonsports.com/mirrors.html
I favor the tower mirror because you can raise it on the tower mount wherever you would like it to be to be out of your normal vision. The two outside parts of the mirror let me set them to have a very wide angle of view.
Old     (charger500se)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-02-2007, 10:35 AM Reply   
I have a tower mounted mirror from Monster. A neighbor had a factory windshield mounted mirror. After driving my boat, he got the Monster mirror bracket because he thought that it was easier to watch where we were going and to watch the rider with the tower mounted mirror.

Both of us have our mirrors mounted high enough that we can easily see between the tower and mirror.
Old     (ryan27r)      Join Date: Oct 2006       06-02-2007, 10:49 AM Reply   
The down side though to the tower mirror is that you will tend to look back more due to as cliff said it's in your line of sight.
Old     (johnw)      Join Date: Jul 2004       06-02-2007, 1:25 PM Reply   
krisz, I have had both but I prefer the Wake Air tower mount (adjusts in all directions) with the cipa mirror. Good luck.
Old     (merge360)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-02-2007, 4:39 PM Reply   
Krisz... I have used both also.... I decided that for me, the tower mount was the way to go. I too, like Jeff Carlson and his neighbor, have the arm mounted high enough where I can see just over the windshield but under the mirror. No obstruction whatsoever.... Good luck with your choice! By the way, Great looking boat and tower!
Old     (krisz)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-02-2007, 4:53 PM Reply   
Thanks guys for the input, looks like the tower mounted is the way to go, now i just have to find the one i like and it's not crazy overpriced.(like roswell)
Old     (fogey)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-02-2007, 8:07 PM Reply   
Good choice. I had a windshield mount on my boat for 6 years but installed a tower mount 2 weeks ago. I wish I hadn't waited so long.

It's a MAJOR safety improvement because the mirror no longer creates a huge blind spot. Plus, I have a wider-angle view because the mirror is closer, so I can see more of what's going on behind the boat -- signals from the rider, other boats, etc.
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       06-03-2007, 3:45 PM Reply   
another vote for the Monster tower mounted mirror