Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through November 14, 2005

Old     (l7wakeboarder)      Join Date: Feb 2005       11-02-2005, 11:20 AM Reply   
I am looking around for v-drives to buy in the spring and have come across a couple that are pretty close. My options are:

1995 Nautique Super Sport loaded with option (Perfect pass, ballast, tower, system, bimini, etc.)

1999 Malibu Wakesetter VLX (pretty basic options, tower, racks)

2001 Moomba Mobius V (loaded with same options as super sport)

I am leaning more towards the super sport, just because my dream boat is a Super Air 210, but it is really hard to pass up something six years newer with the same options.

All the boats have roughly the same price and are pretty much the same distance. Will the Mobius throw as good a wake as the super sport, will it take more weight (hence more gas), or anything else I need to look out for on any of these boats?

Thanks for any help!
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       11-02-2005, 11:36 AM Reply   
I would go with the malibu over the Moomba. Moombas were not built that well then. They have come a long way since though. If the 99 is the same price as the 95, I would go with it. Depending on hrs though.
Old     (ttuclint)      Join Date: Sep 2003       11-02-2005, 1:33 PM Reply   
VLX imo, but I'm biased.
Old     (luchog)      Join Date: Jun 2002       11-02-2005, 2:22 PM Reply   
how many hours on each boat?
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       11-02-2005, 2:27 PM Reply   
Ryan ~ from what I remember reading the 96 and up Nauti's are the same hull as the SAN 210. You might want to check on that to be sure.
Old     (kybool)      Join Date: Aug 2004       11-02-2005, 4:59 PM Reply   
1995 actually. If you love the SAN buy the SS. It's the same boat. I have a 95 and love it. I don't think you can beat it for the $$$, but the VLX is a great boat also. I would recommend one of those two. If the SS has low hours don't worry about what year it's from.
Old     (mbrown)      Join Date: May 2005       11-02-2005, 6:25 PM Reply   
If you like the wake of the SS, go that way. Too many expensive options to pass up. Just make sure you test drive all the boats and compare. That year for the Nautique was pretty good and also had the old Ford 351 block PCM, solid engine. As long as it doesn't have 2000 hours on it.
Old     (jayc)      Join Date: Sep 2002       11-03-2005, 4:38 AM Reply   
Go with the SS.

(Message edited by jayc on November 03, 2005)
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       11-03-2005, 4:46 AM Reply   
VLX....OK I'm biased
Old    bullet_tower            11-03-2005, 5:38 AM Reply   
If you like the steep wake of the 210 its hard to compare anything eles to it! If you like a Rampy wake go with the VLX.