Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through November 17, 2003

Old    gudge            08-21-2003, 7:14 PM Reply   
I've never really been impressed with the look of the Titans, but the ease of use really appeals to me. I'm half way ready to get one on a new LSV, but the fact that the walk through windshield rests on the tower instead of going all the way down, kind of bothers me. What do you think?
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       08-21-2003, 7:22 PM Reply   
go with the titan, you will not be disappointed. One knob to lower

strongest tower around
Old    mb_girl            08-21-2003, 7:57 PM Reply   
The problem with the windshield isn't on every boat. It all depends on how careful they are when they mount the tower. Check out the www.malibuboatowners.com forums & search for that topic. There's a ton of info on it over there.
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       08-21-2003, 8:27 PM Reply   
I reccommend Skylon. No windshield problems, nice and strong, folds down easily, and no one will mistake it for a dome tent frame.
Old     (jeff_altman)      Join Date: May 2002       08-21-2003, 9:04 PM Reply   
I was never impressed with it until I got one. It is a solid tower and one knob to lower it is great. You can take it down in under 30 seconds by yourself. My windshield doesn't rest on my tower. I have a VLX. If you are going to add speakers and lights, Titan will be much more sturdy.
Old     (batman)      Join Date: Nov 2001       08-21-2003, 9:05 PM Reply   
Brett, I had an LSV with Titan and did not have that problem. Personally I liked the Titan better and it looks good with all the accessories. Nice strong tower and looks good on LSV.
Old     (faceplant409)      Join Date: Feb 2002       08-21-2003, 9:14 PM Reply   
I've gotta chime in for the Titan. The windshield issue is on the LXI (my boat). But it is not a problem I bon't drive with it open.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       08-21-2003, 10:35 PM Reply   
When I first got my Wakesetter LSV, I was really close to having them swap out the Titan for another tower just based on looks alone. This was when the Titan first came out and the look was a little unorthodox. I'm really glad I didn't because the Titan is a top-notch tower when it comes to functionality. Strong as anything else on the market and 30 seconds to fold with one person. Not only that, but it looks really good once you get the speakers, racks and lights installed. The shape has definitely grown on me.

The window resting on the tower was another thing I was a little skiddish about, but it has really become a non-issue because I don't like driving with that window open anyway.
Old    hockeyruss            08-22-2003, 4:25 AM Reply   
Out of the 3 vlx's I have owned, only 1 did the windshield hit the tower. It depends on exactly where the factory puts the rear mounts. An inch or two in the rear raises the front hoop and the windshield clears. On both of the LSV's I've had access to the windshield cleared the tower also.
Old     (aneal000)      Join Date: Feb 2002       08-22-2003, 8:29 AM Reply   
I love my Titan... I thought the series I with no accessories are ugly. I owned a Sylon Swoop last year and a Titan this year and plan on ordering a Titan on my 04 LSV! You won't be dissapointed!

PS... is this ugly? :-)

titan
Old    tige_joe            08-22-2003, 8:30 AM Reply   
Sounds like the factory needs someone who knows the proper measurements to use. Other than that....Titan is an extremely beefy tower.
Old    tige_joe            08-22-2003, 8:33 AM Reply   
Tony.....Extremely cool looking boat!
Old     (sdub)      Join Date: Jan 2003       08-22-2003, 3:19 PM Reply   

Tony, I have said this before, that is the sweetest looking VLX I ever saw. Very nice.
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-22-2003, 3:29 PM Reply   
Question:
Since the bimini stretches from pole to pole with 4 points of attachment, why does the bimini need the poles to the boat?

BTW, I think the new TITAN looks great.
Old    hockeyruss            08-24-2003, 6:02 AM Reply   
I think I can give Tony a run for his money.

Old     (bobbyb)      Join Date: Sep 2002       08-25-2003, 7:25 AM Reply   
WakeNup, I like that cover on your boat. If you dont mind me asking how much did that run you?
Old    hockeyruss            08-28-2003, 4:30 AM Reply   
Bobby, I think around $650 with the speaker covers, I have not paid for it yet. In fact it has been 2 weeks and I have not even paid for the boat yet. I put 30g down (that is what the loan amount was) and I need to get with my dealer and write the check for the balance.
Old    hockeyruss            08-28-2003, 4:40 AM Reply   
Bobby, I think around $650 with the speaker covers, I have not paid for it yet. In fact it has been 2 weeks and I have not even paid for the boat yet. I put 30g down (that is what the loan amount was) and I need to get with my dealer and write the check for the balance.
Old     (troyl)      Join Date: Feb 2002       09-10-2003, 2:02 PM Reply   
If you go polished, the Titan will stay polished as it is Marine rated Stainless steel. Aluminum polishing fades with time.
Old     (bobbyb)      Join Date: Sep 2002       09-10-2003, 4:24 PM Reply   
WakeNup, Thanks for the info i will look into getting a custom cover for my next boat. Do you trailer your boat with that cover on?
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-10-2003, 5:11 PM Reply   
Damn, WakeNup do you to adopt me? Hell, I would marry you if I weren't married already.
Old    hockeyruss            09-11-2003, 8:29 AM Reply   
Yes I trailer it with the cover on. It is awesome and I recommend it to anyone to get a cover like this instead of paying $400 for the factory cover. I have got my custom trailer now also, I need to take some picks. I think the only mistake I made was ordering a single axle with the prop guard wheels instead of a tandem. Not that big of a deal but tandems do tow better, I realized this when I borrowed the above trailer.
My trailer is galvanized, painted, has the 5 star rims, break away tounge, and caster wheels on the prop guard.
Old    hockeyruss            09-11-2003, 8:33 AM Reply   
Darren, I don't know about adoption, but if your ever over in the states on the east coast you are welcome to come over.
Old     (bobbyb)      Join Date: Sep 2002       09-11-2003, 8:45 AM Reply   
WakeNup, Thanks for answering my questions.