Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 28, 2009

Old     (tigerider20v)      Join Date: Jun 2009       06-27-2009, 7:50 PM Reply   
I have 9.5 volts on rear passenger window when its trying to go up and 12 volts when going down. Thus the window will not roll up. Come on guys help me out with this issue
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       06-27-2009, 9:37 PM Reply   
What year?
Old     (tigerider20v)      Join Date: Jun 2009       06-27-2009, 10:24 PM Reply   
Old     (cyclonecj)      Join Date: Jul 2001       06-28-2009, 6:47 AM Reply   
Sounds like some resistance in the switch, they get wet sometimes. Disconnect the switch from the circuit and test the contacts for resistance. If either contact reads more than a couple ohms, replace the switch. I have an 06 f150 and have one switch that's funky
Old     (tigerider20v)      Join Date: Jun 2009       06-28-2009, 8:16 AM Reply   
Psyclone, excuse the ignorance but it won't work from driver door or the r/r. Would that still be the case if its a bad switch?
Old     (ryand121)      Join Date: Feb 2007       06-28-2009, 9:11 AM Reply   
Check out www.thedieselstop.com, they have a lot of people on that site that know these trucks inside and out. On the home page, click on FORUM. They have discussions for gas and diesel Superduty's. Hope this helps
Old     (mnwake476)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-28-2009, 5:03 PM Reply   
just replace the switch the same thing happened on mine 2 weeks ago. should only take a few minutes
Old     (tigerider20v)      Join Date: Jun 2009       06-28-2009, 6:51 PM Reply   
Devon, So you do understand that its the rear door and neither driver and rear door will not roll it up. If its a switch what one do you think it would be. I'm not doubting anybody but it has something to do with not getting enough voltage. Just help me understand and i will do whatever I need to to remedy the issue. Thanks guys
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       06-28-2009, 10:41 PM Reply   
Get ahold of the wiring diagram and see if all the power runs through a central control module. I have found the factory shop manuals to be very valuable with late model stuff. It makes diagnostics so much easier. First thing I buy when I buy a used vehicle.
Old     (johnny_jr)      Join Date: Mar 2006       06-29-2009, 1:15 PM Reply   
Most useful website I found for everything ford truck related. You can find almost any answer to any question ford related. Don't hesitate to get a login and ask questions, they very, very rarely bash newbe on that site. I can honestly say I have never once seen a bashing that was not invoked by a newbe just being an a$$.

I had a few questions on my Excursion and they answered them and pointed me to more info on other sites, great group of very helpful people.

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php
Old     (tigerider20v)      Join Date: Jun 2009       06-29-2009, 7:56 PM Reply   
thanks everybody, found out that its the master switch on the driver door doesn't ohm out. Thanks for all the help, you guys helped ALOT!