Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 19, 2008

Old     (ryan387)      Join Date: Mar 2004       08-13-2008, 1:27 PM Reply   
Wondering if anyone has done a houseboat trip at Lake Shuswap in British Columbia Canada. If you have any pictures or tips I would greatly appreciate it. Does anyone know where to get kegs in canada????
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       08-13-2008, 1:38 PM Reply   
my boss has been twice. he had a great time. if memory serves me right, they have a floating marina/restaraunt/store/bar out in the middle of the lake that's pretty cool. i seem to remember him having the same issue with getting kegs. i don't think he was able to do it.
Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-13-2008, 2:43 PM Reply   
go to any of the microbreweries... i dont know if there are any there... but lots a few hours south of the shuswap...

as for where to hang out... they will give you a map of the different arms of the lake... and which are party oriented.. and which are family oriented...
Old     (lzrdwrnglr)      Join Date: May 2008       08-13-2008, 3:35 PM Reply   
to get a kegs you have to go to a liquor board store. They have them all over the place. Once you get there and on the lake it's just a simple thing to watch the boats to where they go at night. Lots of areas and lots of fun. You'll see and decide the best area for ya. Enjoy the trip because it could be insane party times at night.
Old     (pennery)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-13-2008, 3:52 PM Reply   
We have houseboated there for the last 3 years... I recommend these companies for renting a boat...
http://www.waterwayhouseboats.com/Homepage/

http://www.twinanchors.com/

The last few years we have used Twin anchors and have not had any complaints.. They have been great to work with and have very nice boats.. We usually have about 22 people and we rent this boat... http://www.twinanchors.com/vacation/houseboat/cciii-floorplan.php

It is a blast.. Just make sure you account for the fuel in your costs.. We easily go through $1300 worth in 3 days.... We always split up the meals so everyone is not doing their own meals.. We draw names out of a hat to see which meal you are on and you feed everyone once adn clean up after your meal... That way you plan one meal and get fed the rest of the trip... It also saves on wasted food...
If you need any more info let me know..
Old     (stuey)      Join Date: Dec 2004       08-14-2008, 11:36 AM Reply   
It's pretty much the best weekend of my life every year. I've been Captain and organizer of a trip each year for the last 5 years... takes a lot of work to get 18-22 people to get up there the same weekend but its all worth it. We usually go on Canadian long weekends as the party is huge.. 70-100 boats line up on Nielsen Beach for a crazy party. RPenner is right.. we used about $1000 for fuel between the houseboat and the wakeboat in a weekend. Don't bother with kegs, it would be virtually impossible to keep it cold all weekend. You are better off with good coolers and cans, at least the ice lasts longer. Its gets super hot up there during the summer... it was 35 celcius (about 100 degrees) in July when we went this year. I always use waterways houseboats, they have great staff and the bonus with them is the return time is usually 12-3pm on the final day, where twin anchors is 8-10 am. If you get an 8am return time, you have to leave the beach by 7am to get back in time as well as clean everything up that early. Try waking up 20 hungover people to get the boat clean at 7am...

BTW, book super early. The good boats book up to a year in advance..

Any other questions just ask!
Old     (bloat)      Join Date: Jan 2007       08-14-2008, 12:29 PM Reply   
Call rogers rental in Kamloops or Salmon Arm....they'll rent you a keg tap and tell you where to buy a keg.
If you get chummy with a local pub, they may sell you one too.....