Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 08, 2007

Old     (poon)      Join Date: Dec 2001       07-01-2007, 11:45 PM Reply   
My wife and I just read the following thread (http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/1/465346.html?1183345657), and we want to make a difference. As shop owners, we are pretty influential in the wakeboarding community, and we plan to host an offsite video night with a raffle-type fundraiser, of which 100% of the proceeds will go back toward Colby's insurance needs in a trying time such as this. Nothing is set in stone (we just started talking about it over the past half hour), but we plan to use all the resources we have to make this happen.

If we can get people from different cities & states to also do fundraisers, then more of us can make a difference and ultimately help Colby. I don't know him personally, but I do believe that there is strength in numbers, and with as awesome of a wakeboarding community as we have here on Wakeworld, we can come together and give Colby the finances that he truly needs.

I know there are a great number of influential pro riders, amateur riders, and shop owners that frequent Wakeworld, and it would be amazing if all of us were able to pull together for Colby and throw these type of fundraising events in their respective areas. Let's use our influence to pull wakeboarders together for a video night, pizza, raffles, etc., and 100% of the money raised will go to Colby's needs.

Ideas? Suggestions? Comments? Please feel free to post any questions.

Arun & Anne-Michelle
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-02-2007, 5:23 AM Reply   
that's a great idea Arun...Colby and his family definitely need something like this
Old     (swoop)      Join Date: Jun 2006       07-02-2007, 6:16 AM Reply   
Arun, youre awesome!
Old     (spy)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-02-2007, 7:52 AM Reply   
ill help out in any way possible, if you need to call me you can at anytime.

Thanks for all the help we appreciate everything the wakeworld community has done for us and im going to love to see colbys face when he wakes up to see how famous hes become.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       07-02-2007, 8:16 AM Reply   
We should be able to get some corporate sponsors shouldn't we? It would be cool if a few board companies donated a board with all of thier riders signatures on it to auction off or something.

Or, maybe someone could design some tshirts or something to sell... or stickers or something.

Another idea that I had sent to the DallasWB site is to sign up for an affiliate program of some sort of a boardshop and post that link here, you'd get 10% commission and could donate all of that to the cause.

I was going to donate all the money from premium listings on the site for July to it.

It just seems if we can get board companies, etc to step up when a kid gets ripped off, certainly they can step up for this.
Old     (poon)      Join Date: Dec 2001       07-02-2007, 9:04 AM Reply   
I am sure that board companies will donate some product for this. I just left a message with the Hyperlite and CWB reps. I am sure they will be happy to help.
Old     (poon)      Join Date: Dec 2001       07-02-2007, 11:08 AM Reply   
First one to step up for the fundraiser is DPC Films... David is donating 5 copies of the Chick Flick. Thanks man!
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       07-02-2007, 11:24 AM Reply   
I will donate all of the funds collected for listings on OnlyInboards.com for all of July.

Nice work Arun.
Old     (poon)      Join Date: Dec 2001       07-02-2007, 11:51 AM Reply   
NorCal Alpinestars and Metal Mulisha Rep just said he will donate some shwag. He does not deal with wake but he is down to help.
Old     (poon)      Join Date: Dec 2001       07-02-2007, 12:00 PM Reply   
OnlyInboards, nice man!
Old     (wakechic06)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-02-2007, 12:15 PM Reply   
I would be more than happy to help in any way I can. I don't have much to donate but would like to help someway. I can, however, make stickers/window clings/banners/mirror art and magnets of lots of things.. I don't want to mess with copyright stuff but any custom design I can do. Arun, let me know if there is anything I can do. If you need examples of stickers like what I'm talking about, let me know. I'll post some pics up as soon as I can.

Jamie
Old     (poon)      Join Date: Dec 2001       07-02-2007, 12:32 PM Reply   
Jamie, if your plugged in with a crew of riders in your area try to get them together and have a fundraiser... a video night at a pizza place. Invite a bunch of riders and raffle off some goods. I can probably find out who the reps are in your area and see if they would be down to donate goods for the cause.
Old     (rson)      Join Date: Jun 2002       07-02-2007, 12:47 PM Reply   
Arun you ROCK

How about a Ebay auction for the items that have been acquired?
Old     (innerlaced)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-02-2007, 1:35 PM Reply   
Arun
I run a clothing company and would be more than happy to donate some tees. I'll PM you to get all the details squared away.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       07-02-2007, 2:22 PM Reply   
Another idea here:

During the Christmas season everyone cough's up a bunch of stuff to give away to other people. What if everyone coughed up something to sell on ebay and donated teh funds to charity? Seller keeps the shipping money to cover their expense and donates the rest to Colby?

I konw i have some bindings, etc that I could auction off... anyone think this is a good idea?
Old     (uppledup17)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-02-2007, 2:46 PM Reply   
Where's Dave??? Wakeworld always does the Toys for Tots ebay auction. I am sure he has the format to set something like that up on ebay. I know I have a couple of boards to put up there.
Old     (poon)      Join Date: Dec 2001       07-02-2007, 2:51 PM Reply   
ebay idea is great. i have some boards that I can get rid of on ebay. can we have the people that win the auctions pay directly to Colbys paypal donation account.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       07-02-2007, 2:57 PM Reply   
I have some bindings at the lake, i'll throw them up there Thursday when i'm back there. Maybe Dave could create a link in the wakeboarding section that is red or blue or something to draw attention?? something that says this is what we are doing, post links to your ebay auction here.
Old     (texastbird)      Join Date: May 2003       07-03-2007, 5:39 AM Reply   
I agree - awesome idea!
Old     (qball)      Join Date: May 2007       07-03-2007, 8:53 AM Reply   
wow, as someone that is new to the sport this makes me proud to be associated with you all! :-)
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       07-03-2007, 10:33 AM Reply   
bump back to the top.... let's get the ebay auction thing going! I'll post some extra bindings on Thursday when i can get pics.
Old     (poon)      Join Date: Dec 2001       07-05-2007, 12:22 PM Reply   
Looks like we are going to shoot for the 2nd or 3rd weekend (on a Saturday) of August to have the fundraiser night. It will be held in San Jose... still trying to figure out the exact location. Everyone that is interested in attending please shoot me an email at arunfrances@yahoo.com so we can email you when everything is set in stone.
Old     (nuckledragger)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-05-2007, 1:23 PM Reply   
Arun,
CIRE will donate some guy's and girl's boardshorts along some sandals and t's. Let me know the details when they get figured out and I will keep an eye on this thread. You have my contact info.
Old     (dcervenka)      Join Date: Sep 2002       07-05-2007, 4:07 PM Reply   
Arun, anytime. The least we can do!

Please let me know if you want to do an "outdoor movie showing" in conjunction with fund raiser? Not too sure if there are any new wakeboard videos dropping then, but I'll bring my projector and the 144" blow up screen.. We'll just need a decent sound system...
Old     (poon)      Join Date: Dec 2001       07-05-2007, 11:21 PM Reply   
CIRE: Yeah buddy, thanks man. I will send you all the details for sure. Touch base with me this week.

Kung Fu: Outdoor movie showing would be nice. I can get a sound system.