Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old    surfdad            09-11-2011, 6:36 AM Reply   
We got a chance to travel up to Lake Sammamish and visit with the folks at Inland. While on the lake Mark and Lance arranged a little impromptu double boat surfing. THIS is a blast! If you get the chance to try this, do yourself the favor!
Attached Images

Old     (Becci_)      Join Date: Jun 2010       09-11-2011, 1:01 PM Reply   
Yeah I know what you mean, had the chance once it's super fun. Nice pics
Old     (cowwboy)      Join Date: Jul 2008       09-12-2011, 5:58 AM Reply   
How fast do you run compared to normal and how far apart are the boats?
I want to try this but kind of nervous about doing it at the same time.
Old    surfdad            09-12-2011, 7:48 AM Reply   
Thanks Becci. It's really fun. Daniel, I am NOT an expert in this and I don't want to pretend to be. Your best bet is to give Lance a call at Inland Surfer, they've been doing it for years. I have a few pictures that might help you "guess" distances. The speed was between 12 and 13 mph, manual throttle they turned the speed control off. The rope was attached to the tow eye off the transom and I think it's a 21 foot rope. When I was out, the rope stopped about 4 or 5 feet in front of the wall at the junction of the two wakes. I hope this helps!
Attached Images

Old     (nailem)      Join Date: Apr 2011       09-12-2011, 6:25 PM Reply   
we tried this summer at norris lake. we couldn't get it to work i was driving one boat and my sister-in-law was driving the other. i think she was nervous because we were running so close and kept pulling away.
Old    surfdad            09-12-2011, 6:42 PM Reply   
Listening to Lance and Mark, it sounds like the chase boat does all the work. The lead boat set the pace and goes straight, the chase boat matches the speed and comes in closer to the lead boat. I think Mark was explaining to me that the chase boat driver focuses in on one spot on the boat and maintains that position. These guys make it look easier than it is, I'm sure.