Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old    douglas            08-31-2005, 7:03 AM Reply   
We have a Supra 24ssv and can't seem to produce a wave on the left (non-driver) side. We have tried a number of things with no luck. Now on the right no problem, we're geting about a 3.5'-4' wave that's very well shaped. Just having problems on the other side. Any help, sugestions etc.. Thanks...
Old     (swoopa)      Join Date: Feb 2005       08-31-2005, 7:44 PM Reply   
Hey douglas what are you doing for weighting your boat? is it stock the ballast or are you adding more weight .

I have the same boat and have no problem with the (non-Driver side ) in fact the driver side is the one that is not quite as good on my boat.

I fill the center ballast full and fill the rear ballast on the side i am riding only Plus I have a 440 lbs fat sack just in front of the rear seats on the same side . it seams to work great.
Old    douglas            09-01-2005, 7:43 AM Reply   
Thanks for the reply.(drivers side) We use the center ballast full fill the rear ballast on the drivers side have everyone on that side of boat (6-7 people w/o driver so 7-8 total)on deck etc.. two small "fat sacks 85lbs each on same side"
wake plate at about 1/4 down from full up, don't use speed we use rpm depending on how many people between 3400 & 3600 rpm about 10.5-11mph.
Wave is always great.
We try the same exact thing on the non-drivers side and just mush. will have to try more weight like your 440lbs sack. Once again thanks..
Douglas Walter
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       09-24-2005, 7:50 AM Reply   
How does the surfing wake on the 24 compare to other boats? Is there anything in general you guys don't like about your 24SSV?
Old    douglas            09-29-2005, 10:48 AM Reply   
We love our 24SSV. The surf wake is great.
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       01-15-2006, 7:26 PM Reply   
It is because of the Left Hand turing prop. The drivers side will be the clean side. Obviously it will be the opposite for a right hand turning prop.
Old     (niap101)      Join Date: Jul 2004       01-15-2006, 8:24 PM Reply   
All inboard ski boats use a left hand propeller, except Correct Craft, which uses right hand propellers. According to this wrong theory, the Supra should only have a good left side wake. Unless this Supra has a wrong rotating engine, this is further evidence of what I have been saying, "prop rotation is only a factor, not the factor".
Jeff Walker changed his propeller pitch and it changed his wave considerably. The pitch of your propeller may have something to do with your weak left side wake Douglas.
Old    surfdad            01-16-2006, 8:26 AM Reply   
Yeah...when I dropped the pitch on my Tige 23V it degraded the starboard side wave. Currently, in order to maintain a clean wave on the starboard side I must turn a slight arc to that side. Prior to changing the prop, this turning wasn't necessary.

Interestingly enough, the port side wave IMPROVED slightly with the change in the prop pitch.

NOW...my concept of the perfect wave is possibly different than some folks. I like a wave height of 3-4 feet from the bottom of the trough to the peak of the lip and a usable pocket length of 20+ feet. "Usable pocket" being defined as from the END of the swim platform to the start of the curl at the trailing edge. Further, the transition needs to be "not too steep". IMO, it’s easy to overweight a boat and wind up with a wave that is incredibly high, but so steep that you slide out setting up for a hard bottom turn...or when you re-enter from an aerial and scoot into the flats, it’s almost impossible to catch back up to the wave.
Old     (supra24ssv)      Join Date: Mar 2006       03-16-2006, 7:06 PM Reply   
it is the prop rotation that makes it better on the drivers side