Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (burban89)      Join Date: Nov 2006       05-15-2014, 9:03 AM Reply   
Hey all I know there are 100s of how tos on teaching people to wakeboard and i am curious to what works for people here. Looks like I will be showing 4-5 people how to wakeboard soon and would like some more pointers.

I normally put them in the water and have myself or a buddy sit with them and teach them the correct form while showing them the options for their arms in or around the knees. Then we watch them while we are in the water a few times and try to see what they may be doing wrong.

Most of the time it is the guys that are harder to teach as they want to use brute strength to try and get up. Most women pop right up and then it is just teaching about heels and toes, keeping the handle in, etc.

I have one guy (280lbs or so) that I have tried and tried to teach to get up but it has not happened no matter what we do. We have not tried a dock or boat start as most of the time we do not have access to one. He even broke a rope last year ( rope may have been 2 years old).

Last edited by burban89; 05-15-2014 at 9:04 AM. Reason: spelling