Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeskating

Old     (nwsjake10)      Join Date: Feb 2007       08-21-2007, 2:35 PM Reply   
whats up guys..
this is my first wakeskating post so bear with me...ive just really got into skating more this summer and am starting to finally get some air..my question is..is it easier to just edge all the way and for all or nothing and try to go w2w..or should i keep progressing with height of the jump first rather then speed...also any tips on the initial pop off the wake..and how to have more board control when landing..PLEASE anything helps!
Old     (ronnyboy27)      Join Date: Nov 2005       08-21-2007, 3:02 PM Reply   
I just charge the wake on a skate and pray I don't have the board come off one foot and smack me in the nuts.

I can usually go wake to wake but that's it. I try to ride the same as when I'm riding a wake board. I don't know if this is correct or not but that's how I do it.
Old     (mibu)      Join Date: Feb 2003       08-21-2007, 3:02 PM Reply   
I'm not usually a big fan of learning from videos , but I highly recommend the book wakeskate series. I also have the older wakeskate instructional I just drew a blank on that one. If you are still interested let me know and I will check when I get home. These dvds have helped me a great deal.especially the book series.I just remembered the name of the other one. Snap. I enjoy wakeskating so much now that I don't even touch my wakeboard.
Old     (deepcove)      Join Date: Mar 2004       08-21-2007, 4:56 PM Reply   
I learned by progressing my height on one wake....imo a charging low flying w2w with no pop is kinda ugly and gives you no time for a grab etc.

Practice sucking your knees up when you leave the wake and levelling out the skate...this allows you to push your feet back down to make a solid landing.
Old     (treycleaton)      Join Date: Mar 2005       08-21-2007, 5:18 PM Reply   
Edge all the way through the wake and suck those knees up. Channels in the board or fins may help you with a little more control when landing.
Old     (j3t_m3ch)      Join Date: Jun 2006       10-01-2007, 7:58 AM Reply   
I just went out skating for th first time last night. It was alot of fun but MAN those things are slippery! I tried jumping the wake and my question is "how do you make the skate come with you?"! I was boardless from the time I left the wake til I wrecked.....it looked like I was doing flutter kicks bhind th boat!
Old     (jpk)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-01-2007, 5:24 PM Reply   
I'm still learning, but edge all the way through the wake with a progressive edge seems to be the most successful. Ollieing the wake doesn't seem to work.

My problem right now is landing flat on the board instead of landing on edge. I land too flat and the board doesn't like to ride out with me.
Old     (lovin_the_wake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       10-01-2007, 8:19 PM Reply   
I can't get w2w on my skate yet but when I pop I suck my knees up when I leave the wake and it seems to just come right along with me some of my landings are a little sketchy but I'm getting used to it
Old     (j3t_m3ch)      Join Date: Jun 2006       10-02-2007, 7:26 AM Reply   
Do you guys ride the same speed as you wakeboard at? I was going slower because it felt alot faster? I guess I'll just keep bombing the wake until it works then! I'm guessing even tho i'm goofy on a skate board im regular on a wakeskate?
Old     (lovin_the_wake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       10-02-2007, 7:50 AM Reply   
I ride 22-23 @ 80 ft on the Wakeboard and 21-22 @ 70ft on the skate

(Message edited by lovin_the_wake on October 02, 2007)
Old     (jpk)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-02-2007, 12:11 PM Reply   
I definitely ride 1-3MPH slower for several reasons

1. I use way less ballast when wakeskating, so the boat doesn't have to go as fast to make a clean wake.

2. I can't cut nearly as hard on the skate as I cut on the wakeboard, so the boat doesn't need to go as fast.
Old     (tyboarder03)      Join Date: Nov 2003       10-02-2007, 2:09 PM Reply   
I ride at 75' at 25mph boarding, and skating is usually 21mph at 70
Old     (canadienwakeskatehotmailcom)      Join Date: Oct 2007       10-14-2007, 10:10 AM Reply   
i ride @ about 22 23 mph, at about 75 feet. and i have no problem with any of my flat tricks or w2w, so the more you ride the more you will learn new stuff. i ride about 2 or 3 times a week. sometimes never.